By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Isnt Halo just way OverHyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
@starcraft

How would you know if resistance's multiplayer is better or not? You havent even touched the game.

is this revenge leo-j ???? :P

On topic:

Maybe is not the best FPS out there, but a lot of people like it, and there is a lot of people waiting to buy it(Millions but the piracy will hurt the sales), the sales probably will kept the level of his predecesors, plain and easy...

Actually leo-j, i have. A friend of mine lives locally and i have played RFOM at his place. Admittedely i havent spent enough time with the game to know it intimately, but then i havent spent much time with halo either. Play the two for a short period of time and its immediately apparent that Halo possesses far greater balance and a much higher 'fun' factor

Well I happen to have halo the FULL game on pc, and resistance rapes it. (Sorry if Im being, fanboyish but its easily the truth)

So your comparing a console game that was ported to a PC four or five yrs ago to a game that came out on a console late last yr with a higher budget? Have you played Halo 2 on xbox? I know that sometimes it must be hard to look at your $600 paperweight and realise that a 6 yr old gaming console that u can pick up used for a $100 has a far better multiplayer game, but please at least keep the fanboyishness within the realm of reality. The ps3 will undoubtadely have some great multiplayer games in the future, apparently warhawk is decent, but as for RFOM>Halo 2 (let alone 3), dont even try it leo

Im going to say it, Resistance's multiplayer RAPES HALO 2'S MULTIPLAYER. Your the one being fanboyish I for certain have played both halo and halo 2.As for my ps3 being a paper weight? I would call your burning box of green a paperweight since after playing it for 6 hours its as usefull as a brick.

Your so full of shit sometimes leo, and sometimes your alright, but this time, its not even funny, leave your danm fanboyism, seriously. Halo 2 is considered great game because of its mult, resistance is a very good game, but not quite there. You can see this with THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE. This is your opinion, and stop stating that it rapes it, then your making it a general statement and your fanboyism shows to the max. Also about the paper weight. It may burn up in 6 hours ( had mine since christmas 05 not a single problem) but least we play those 6 hours, instead of waiting for games to come out, while the ps3 sits and collects dust. And both are very untrue, so stop making these statements, both of you, but im saying this to you leo because no mult rapes halos, at all.

Its a matter of opinion, but you need to realize that alot of people enjoy Halos mult and some enjoy resistance more, but none "rape the other" and again YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM resistance is on a next gen console halo, no.... understand?

hey that 360 logo you have tattooed on your ass is showing again.

Most people who have PS3s know that we can download games so we dont let out console sit on the shelf collecting dust. Plus it is a Blu-ray movie player so we can atleast play HD movies without having to fork out another $150 for an attachment that adds even more cables and another ugly powerbrick.

As for games that tops Halo:
Unreal Yournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 99
Unreal Tournament 3
Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Source
Warhawk
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: episode 1
Gears of War

My fanboyism huh, thats quite a list, and you added warhawk LOL, now whos got a tatoo where?

Seriously if you actually read it i told both to stop it, was pointless, but you wouldnt know that, read all of it first, then make a comment.

That list maybe one or two could be considered greater, and its a matter of opinion.

I post it to say to both, now learn to read, then you can call me a fanboy, or just look in the mirror

you cant really call me a fanboy as I listed a ton of PC games as well as a 360 and PS3 game. Thats an unbiased list. And I actually did, I just choose to take on your one statement, and a game doesnt need to be current gen or next gen or past gen to be great. A game is a game from hardware to hardware. If the graphics of the game was great for the hardware back then, its comparable to the best graphics now a days. So yes you can compare resistance to Halo because resistance was the best out for it's time out for the PS3 as halo 2 was the best of it's own. its all comparable as long as you remember the knowledge and hardware the games were on at the time of release. 

When you put warhawk on the list saying its above and greater then halo, i begin to worry...... Seriously.....

No when i mean you cant compare them i say this because every single person in this worlds opinion is DIFFERENT. You cannot compare any games, least most. Everyones view is different and some will be better then most. When i stated what i did i was stating that what leo j said was just stupid and ignorant like what starcraft kinda said.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

You also are starting a war, saying how ps3 includes a blue ray blah blah, well ill tell you right now, did most of the ps3 owners want that, or to just play games?

Your beating down on the 360 so ill it to the ps3, both have faults, just leave it alone.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

I'm a 360 owner and I'm not getting Halo 3 right away. I'm not hyped at all. Lost Odyssey is a different story.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
I'm a 360 owner and I'm not getting Halo 3 right away. I'm not hyped at all. Lost Odyssey is a different story.

Same here, but i love halo just as much

Halo>CounterStrike>Goldeneye>Half Life 2

Around the Network
craighopkins said:
Halo>CounterStrike>Goldeneye>Half Life 2

In your mind maybe.  I notice you put Goldeneye up there and not Perfect Dark.  Perhaps because PD>Halo?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Sega Saturn > Everything

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

Why don't we say Ratchet and Clank is better than ocarina of time?

That's basically the comparision you're making leo-j.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

starcraft said:
fnl164 said:
starcraft said:
A much better online multiplay fps? name one?
Perfect Dark and goldeneye are better fps, but for online multiplayer there simply is nothing better than Halo.
And before he arrives here, no leo-j, RFOM is not better than halo 1, 2 or three

Counter strike, unreal and Wolfenstien

Unreal? No! Counterstrike? No! Wolfenstien? .....you may have got me there

I agree with starcraft. I'll add Starseige Tribes to the list. The first one with mods.

I don't care how good the game is, when you can preorder it at a 7-11 convenience store, it's overhyped.