By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Haters Thread

Soriku said:
Freki said:
Well I hate the Wii because I fear that its success could destroy gaming as we know it. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

So opening up gaming to NEW people will destroy gaming? Fail.

Well - its much cheaper to produce wii fit than gow or halo or FFXIII and it will probably sell better. This sends out a signal to the rest of the industry and they abandon hardcore games in favor of casual ones (worst case scenario). And as I said in my original statement - I'd love to be proven wrong.

Around the Network

Lot of surprises here. Hus hates Nintendo? Oh boy what a shock *rolls eyes*

Know which system I hate? None. Why would I hate a piece of plastic and metal? Seriously think how ridiculous this situation would be in any other market. GRRR I HATE TOYOTA BECAUSE IT'S DOING BETTER THAN FORD, AND I OWN A FORD! I still think most fanboy hate is derived from people not being able to afford other systems and so they hate the others, because obviously if the ohter systems do worse then the system they own will get more games.

Do I dislike some of the companies business practices and marketing? Of course they are huge companies they are always going to do something to piss me off. However im not going to say ''Oh Nintendo your wii is underpowered. I will deprive myself of all the good games on it to punish you.'' Im a gamer, I play games.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Freki said:
Soriku said:
Freki said:
Well I hate the Wii because I fear that its success could destroy gaming as we know it. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Well - its much cheaper to produce wii fit than gow or halo or FFXIII and it will probably sell better. This sends out a signal to the rest of the industry and they abandon hardcore games in favor of casual ones (worst case scenario). And as I said in my original statement - I'd love to be proven wrong.

I do hope your proven Wrong i really do.

I don't like Nintendo for the inaccuracy of the Wiimote and too much shovelware.

I don't like Microsoft for having FAR too many hardware issues and not enough variety in games.

I don't like Sony for shoving Blu-Ray down or throats and release at $600 with not enough games to justify a purchase.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
I don't like Nintendo for the inaccuracy of the Wiimote and too much shovelware.

I don't like Microsoft for having FAR too many hardware issues and not enough variety in games.

I don't like Sony for shoving Blu-Ray down or throats and release at $600 with not enough games to justify a purchase.

Atleast you dont Hate any of them.

Around the Network

I look over issues to enjoy the console itself due to great games.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Zim said:
Know which system I hate? None. Why would I hate a piece of plastic and metal? Seriously think how ridiculous this situation would be in any other market. GRRR I HATE TOYOTA BECAUSE IT'S DOING BETTER THAN FORD, AND I OWN A FORD! I still think most fanboy hate is derived from people not being able to afford other systems and so they hate the others, because obviously if the ohter systems do worse then the system they own will get more games.

Do I dislike some of the companies business practices and marketing? Of course they are huge companies they are always going to do something to piss me off. However im not going to say ''Oh Nintendo your wii is underpowered. I will deprive myself of all the good games on it to punish you.'' Im a gamer, I play games.
I agree.  The whole "this console is my enemy because I own a competing console" mindset is really childish.  Just play the games or don't play them - that's all. 

Freki said:
Soriku said:
Freki said:

You have to realise that by growing the market all Nintendo will do is increase the number of gamers. They are not taking away from hardcore gamers. People who enjoy Gears and Resistance, etc, are not suddenly going to say "stuff that, I'd prefer to play Carnival Games and Mario Party". I think you can agree with me there.

So are Nintendo shrinking the hardcore market? No, of course they aren't. They're simply growing the other markets. The hardcore market is just a smaller piece of a much larger pie. So while the overall market size increases, the hardcore market remains the same size. And so long as the market exists, someone will fill it (that is the very basis of Capitalism).

So what we will end up with is many more games, many more developers, for a much larger market, which can only be a good thing. Just because another market is more profitable doesn't mean that every company will suddenly follow that market, because eventually that market will become saturdated.

The only thing that could possibly kill the hardcore market will be that market no longer being profitable. And if that occurs, blame Sony and Microsoft, not Nintendo.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I hate the Phantom. That console can rest on the depths of the Mariana Trench.

I also hate the M2. What a p.o.s., Matsushita.

I hate ApeXtreme too. It sucks because it has no games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Um, I don't hate any current system. I dislike the fact that the PS3 is $600, but I'll probably get one when the price comes down. I don't like the fact that MS had the RROD problem, but I'd like to own a 360 for some of the excellent games it provides. I have a problem with the amount of crappy ports on the Wii, but I own one (because I can AFFORD IT, and the controls ROCK) and better games are here and more will be arriving.

So basically, I like games. If a system has great games, I'd like to own the system. Extreme fanboyism (Like this: I like the 'insert console here' console and everything else sucks! *plugs ears and closes eyes*) is stupid. Every system has it's weak points and strong points. Every system has it's good games and bad games. I happen to like Nintendo the best because I like their games and the new controls. Some people like other things, so what? We should all play what we enjoy and get along.

Yay!