By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - playing metroid prime 3..

RolStoppable said:
sparkit34 said:
Guys, i need help. I have played a few hours of this game and i am loving it, but i have given up because the bosses are just impossible for me. I am at Mogenar now, and i just can't beat him. Not because i don't know what to do, but just because i am apparently physically challenged when it comes to aiming.

I have never really been good at FPS, but i do really like the puzzling elements of the game. Are there any cheat codes that can get me through the bosses? Otherwise i am going to have to crawl back into my casual gaming shell and throw away this gem of a game.

There aren't any cheats in this game, sorry. However, practice makes perfect.

If you are playing on the easiest difficulty setting (which you probably are if you know that you aren't good at aiming), then the cores of Mogenar can be destroyed pretty quickly with a few shots in hyper mode. Exit hyper mode manually, bomb his feet and repeat. You can have five energy tanks at this point of the game, so you can afford to miss some shots, especially when you are good at dodging his attacks.

If you are still having trouble aiming, here is how I play FPS on the Wii:

I sit on the edge of my couch and lean forword.  I sit so that I can rest both of my elbows on my knees.  My left forearm is angled across my body.  That way, I can rest my right arm on top of it.  That allows my right hand (Wiimote hand) to be very steady.

Of course, you only really need to do this for the intense parts of the game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

It was okay, I just don't feel that it's worth $50 or I'd buy it, Nintendo never reduces prices on their games.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

the game is worth 50 bucks......the bobble head alone is worth buying the game for

theRepublic said:
RolStoppable said:
sparkit34 said:
Guys, i need help. I have played a few hours of this game and i am loving it, but i have given up because the bosses are just impossible for me. I am at Mogenar now, and i just can't beat him. Not because i don't know what to do, but just because i am apparently physically challenged when it comes to aiming.

I have never really been good at FPS, but i do really like the puzzling elements of the game. Are there any cheat codes that can get me through the bosses? Otherwise i am going to have to crawl back into my casual gaming shell and throw away this gem of a game.

There aren't any cheats in this game, sorry. However, practice makes perfect.

If you are playing on the easiest difficulty setting (which you probably are if you know that you aren't good at aiming), then the cores of Mogenar can be destroyed pretty quickly with a few shots in hyper mode. Exit hyper mode manually, bomb his feet and repeat. You can have five energy tanks at this point of the game, so you can afford to miss some shots, especially when you are good at dodging his attacks.

If you are still having trouble aiming, here is how I play FPS on the Wii:

I sit on the edge of my couch and lean forword.  I sit so that I can rest both of my elbows on my knees.  My left forearm is angled across my body.  That way, I can rest my right arm on top of it.  That allows my right hand (Wiimote hand) to be very steady.

Of course, you only really need to do this for the intense parts of the game.

Also, make sure you switch the aiming sensitivity to "advanced".

Best Metroid game and confirms the Prime trilogy as the best innovation in gaming in general.

Around the Network

If that's the dude with the red orbs you need to destroy then I am also stuck at the same spot.  I was enjoying the game up til that point, but I gave up and haven't been back in a year.  I'm decent at FPS too, but I just got too frustrated.  I really wanted to finish this game.

mundurden said:

If that's the dude with the red orbs you need to destroy then I am also stuck at the same spot.  I was enjoying the game up til that point, but I gave up and haven't been back in a year.  I'm decent at FPS too, but I just got too frustrated.  I really wanted to finish this game.

Thats the guy alright. I just cannot seem to beat him, and i have tried for hours now. I gave up playing about a month ago because of that which is a pity as I was really enjoying the game. 

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

sparkit34 said:
mundurden said:

Thats the guy alright. I just cannot seem to beat him, and i have tried for hours now. I gave up playing about a month ago because of that which is a pity as I was really enjoying the game. 

He is possibly the hardest boss in the game, so at least things should get easier after that. He made me quit hard mode. I meant to go back, but my disc got damaged. :(

Take Rol's advice on the selective use of hyper mode. It's a huge advantage if you manage it properly. And it's really important that you stabilize your aim by resting your wrist on your knee or some other comfortable surface, if you aren't already.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Fantastic game. I've beat it three times and wish my memory was erased so I can play it again fresh.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Prime 3 is fantastic. I love the acid rain area near the end, that the space pirates inhabit. Freaking sweet.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!