By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld Vs. No More Heroes sales thread

When was the last time a game didn't open with 2 or 3 days of sales?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

No More Heroes
Japan - 11,703
America - 35,375
Euro - 25,653
Total - 72,731 (390k total sales)

MadWorld
Japan - Not yet released
America - 57,553
Euro - Not yet released

Already off to a better start.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

stof said:
When was the last time a game didn't open with 2 or 3 days of sales?

...Good point. :O

Yeah much better start. I think that madworld will sell a million units. HOTD overkill would be a better game to compare it to, but so far its blowing that out of the water too. Will it be big in others? Don't most sega games do really strong in others? Maybe another 40-50k first week? That would be sweet.

I think madworld should leave other third parties with a good impression of how well hardcore games can sell on wii.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

No More Heroes was game of the month, it struck a cord due to it's humble presentation that seemed to pay tribute to all games that were of the 8 and 16 bit era, while being clearly a game of now. But hidden in it's suddle ripples were a classic beat em up.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

almost 60k in its first few days in america, thats a good result so hopefully this game will have legs.

However I'm not totally convinced that this will sell a million - it now depends on the performance from others. However I do think by the end of the year it'll reach 800k.

but it will definantly sell twice as much as NMH

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!