By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predic LAIR sales in first week!?

What are your expectations? A lot of bad reviews will most definetly affect sales, but still lets try to predict. BTW-game was released little earlier on 31 August in USA

I think around 100k-150k first week 

Around the Network

120-160k its selling well even with bad reviews.

mM

yea i would expect somewhere around 100-150k, but it's going to be very front heavy.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

it matters how many read the reviews before buying, and if they return it or not (ive heard rumors)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

90k-120k

Around the Network

Game didn't have enough positive hype or marketing for that matter. Pretty much the opposite of Heavenly Sword and Warhawk which should both do pretty well in their first weeks.

So I'd expect Lair to open like a lot of recent PS3 games that lacked hyped. 80-100k.

I don't know, I put it at about 30k. The game has got so much negative hype, and it's not like people have ever been clamoring for dragon games. 100k, or even 80k, is actually a pretty strong debut, especially for a PS3 game.

It will probably do over 200k lifetime, but poor game just is getting so much hate.

My guess is 30k, maybe 40k. It wasn't even suposed to be released this week so I think many shops still don't have this game or recived them later. But I predict that in second week it won't go much down, maybe even sell a little better.

I think that 100k would be really good result. Motorstorm did only a little over 100k but that is a very good game.

75-100k

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

MontanaHatchet said:
I don't know, I put it at about 30k. The game has got so much negative hype, and it's not like people have ever been clamoring for dragon games. 100k, or even 80k, is actually a pretty strong debut, especially for a PS3 game.

It will probably do over 200k lifetime, but poor game just is getting so much hate.

Something tells me that LAIR will do great in JAPAN. Games that score bad in West, sell well in East LOL