By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 13 New Halo 3 Screens - Pretty

stof said:
Ragnarok. I really need to get away from the computer. I read your post to read "he has bunches of monkeys"

Well, he never said where the money came from. coincidence? I think not.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Legend11 said:
rocketpig said:
Sqrl said:

See right there is our middle ground. The crazy alien technology is extremely small, extremely powerful magnets! But it is actually kind of fun to think of the ways they could do all this stuff.

I am waiting for an FPS to make a gun that shoots a small ballbearing at 0.9999c. The effect that would have in atmosphere is catastrophic (even for the shooter). Realistically it would superheat the air within a fairly large radius of the path but it would also force air out of the path and the air collapsing back in would either crush people or deafen them. I'm not sure how far the ballbearing would go though, there is a lot of things that "could" happen but its all speculation honestly. The coolest thing would be for it to go until it hits something and explode (Tunguska style). On second thought that gun would be way too powerful..nevermind =P

Hilarious. It's always refreshing to see someone pull in physics to make someone else look stupid, especially when it involves sci-fi.

QFT. I mean it's a videogame, what next is someone going to try to use science to explain the light and dark parallel dimensions in Metroid Prime 2 or how the suit in that game can transform into a morph ball with a human inside?

Oh jesus, get over yourselves. Are you guys kidding me? You are gonna give me a hard time for being interested in this stuff? Ok you guys are right we aren't on a video game website where we are analyzing the minutia of every video game related fact in existance. I make no apologies for being a geek.

In fact it supports my hobbies quite well, and I'll be damned if I am going to feel ashamed for being interested in this stuff just because two big tough guys on an internet forum want to feel better about themselves.

Hell the entire statement is flat out hypocracy from rocketpig. Here let me quote him from another thread...

"STFU and allow others who do enjoy their upcoming experience witness it without idiotic persecution."

Seriously, at this point you guys are just flamebaiting me, hell thats all the original rocketpig post was. Flat out attacking my viewpoint. If you have a problem report the post, otherwise take rocketpigs advice.

Sorry to have offended you, I guess I get a little touchy when Halo 3 is put under the microscope.

Sqrl said:
rocketpig said:
Sqrl said:

See right there is our middle ground. The crazy alien technology is extremely small, extremely powerful magnets! But it is actually kind of fun to think of the ways they could do all this stuff.

I am waiting for an FPS to make a gun that shoots a small ballbearing at 0.9999c. The effect that would have in atmosphere is catastrophic (even for the shooter). Realistically it would superheat the air within a fairly large radius of the path but it would also force air out of the path and the air collapsing back in would either crush people or deafen them. I'm not sure how far the ballbearing would go though, there is a lot of things that "could" happen but its all speculation honestly. The coolest thing would be for it to go until it hits something and explode (Tunguska style). On second thought that gun would be way too powerful..nevermind =P

Hilarious. It's always refreshing to see someone pull in physics to make someone else look stupid, especially when it involves sci-fi.

But whats even funnier is when someone tries play Mr CoolGuy and act like he is better than them by pointing out the things they do like he has seen it all before! Oh damn I just fell into that trap myself!

Lighten up a bit, seriously. (get the irony? do you? aah forget it)

Well I guess we all can't be as kewl as rocketpig /sigh

Edit: PS - Really though remove stick, and have a good time, it won't hurt I promise

Heh, you completely misunderstood my post. I was laughing with you, not at you.

I don't think I'm the one who needs to remove the stick. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

looking very good!

and LMFAO listening to you guys argue about the plasma swords, like it's down at wal-mart and your gonna get your own next week =p

rocketpig said:
Sqrl said:
rocketpig said:
Sqrl said:

But whats even funnier is when someone tries play Mr CoolGuy and act like he is better than them by pointing out the things they do like he has seen it all before! Oh damn I just fell into that trap myself!

Lighten up a bit, seriously. (get the irony? do you? aah forget it)

Well I guess we all can't be as kewl as rocketpig /sigh

Edit: PS - Really though remove stick, and have a good time, it won't hurt I promise

Heh, you completely misunderstood my post. I was laughing with you, not at you.

I don't think I'm the one who needs to remove the stick. :D

Fair enough, if you say that wasn't your intention, then you have my apologies for jumping on you.  There are far too many people who like to give crap for that sort of thing, so I am admitedly a bit defensive about it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Sqrl said:
Legend11 said:
rocketpig said:
Sqrl said:

QFT. I mean it's a videogame, what next is someone going to try to use science to explain the light and dark parallel dimensions in Metroid Prime 2 or how the suit in that game can transform into a morph ball with a human inside?

Oh jesus, get over yourselves. Are you guys kidding me? You are gonna give me a hard time for being interested in this stuff? Ok you guys are right we aren't on a video game website where we are analyzing the minutia of every video game related fact in existance. I make no apologies for being a geek.

In fact it supports my hobbies quite well, and I'll be damned if I am going to feel ashamed for being interested in this stuff just because two big tough guys on an internet forum want to feel better about themselves.

Hell the entire statement is flat out hypocracy from rocketpig. Here let me quote him from another thread...

"STFU and allow others who do enjoy their upcoming experience witness it without idiotic persecution."

Seriously, at this point you guys are just flamebaiting me, hell thats all the original rocketpig post was. Flat out attacking my viewpoint. If you have a problem report the post, otherwise take rocketpigs advice.

Sorry to have offended you, I guess I get a little touchy when Halo 3 is put under the microscope.

I honestly don't think this is an issue at all for Halo 3, the game looks great and anyone trying to put it down because of this tiny oversight is insane. I just got a bit carried away with what I found to be an interesting topic.

I'm sure you know by now Halo 3 is not at the top of my most wanted list, but I do understand why people enjoy the game so much and I have nothing against the game. I actually think the screenshots look pretty good all told. And to believe it or not I am interested in playing the game, its just not at the top of my list is all.

Halo 3 looks goreous!

@Everything: I'm confused, so now he's making me look stupid by finding middle ground? I'd love to see that logic in a flow-diagram. I was defending Halo by saying it's crazy alien tech, and then he said crazy alien tech should conform to our natural laws too, and then I said "But it's crazy alien tech," and then he said "Oh, it's crazy alien tech!"

We agreed, at least from my perspective, with each side having relevant and logical arguments. I don't see how he made me look stupid. Then again, maybe I'm just too stupid to realize my own stupidity and need your incredible explanation to make things clearer.

On a side note, that gun would be amazing. Tunguska event in bullet-sized form? That'd be a fun toy. ^.^

tarheel91 said:
@Everything: I'm confused, so now he's making me look stupid by finding middle ground? I'd love to see that logic in a flow-diagram. I was defending Halo by saying it's crazy alien tech, and then he said crazy alien tech should conform to our natural laws too, and then I said "But it's crazy alien tech," and then he said "Oh, it's crazy alien tech!"

We agreed, at least from my perspective, with each side having relevant and logical arguments. I don't see how he made me look stupid. Then again, maybe I'm just too stupid to realize my own stupidity and need your incredible explanation to make things clearer.

On a side note, that gun would be amazing. Tunguska event in bullet-sized form? That'd be a fun toy. ^.^

I agree

only 20 days oh dear god.... i need to freeze myself...Butters!