By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Quote function

I just want to suggest that when you quote someone that quoted you there is some line or something that denotes the difference between the 2 quotes. It's not hard to add in another /quote thing and move the "by user" part but it'd be a little more convenient if you could tell when your quote ended and theirs began when you try to quote something that included more than 1 person's text.

Around the Network

windbane said: I just want to suggest that when you quote someone that quoted you there is some line or something that denotes the difference between the 2 quotes. It's not hard to add in another /quote thing and move the "by user" part but it'd be a little more convenient if you could tell when your quote ended and theirs began when you try to quote something that included more than 1 person's text.
Good suggestion. I'm still trying to figure out how Kwaad quotes people, writes something, has another quote, writes something again and repeats. He really know the system.

windbane said: I just want to suggest that when you quote someone that quoted you there is some line or something that denotes the difference between the 2 quotes. It's not hard to add in another /quote thing and move the "by user" part but it'd be a little more convenient if you could tell when your quote ended and theirs began when you try to quote something that included more than 1 person's text.
I agree that it should be easier to distinguish between people if there's more than one person you're quoting...cause it can get confusing sometimes.
diamuerto said: Good suggestion. I'm still trying to figure out how Kwaad quotes people, writes something, has another quote, writes something again and repeats. He really know the system.
It's not too complicated, it works like HTML if you know any, if not, it's still not too hard to use. When you "quote" somebody, it takes their text and puts it in a white box, and it also puts their name in bold. You can see that in your reply when it says [ quote ] [ b ] diamuerto said: The [ quote ] (without the spaces inside) dictates where the white box starts, and the [ b ] says where the bold starts, and the [ / b ] tells the system where the bold ends, and likewise the [ /quote ] says when the white box ends. So if I wanted to add a quote, all I do is type [ quote ] [ b ] So and So said: [ /b ] ...and then I can just copy and paste another person's text, and when the quote is done, I type [ /quote ]. Like this:
So and So said: Blah blah blah...
So it's not too hard...if you know what you're doing. But yeah, it'd be better if it was easier to edit such things...just another thing for ya Wii_gamer hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Interesting. So you just showed me how to make up false quotes from people who don't exsist or didn't really say what you quoted. Hang on I'm going to test this out below. Please take no offense.

BenKenobi88 said: diamuerto is a god. Don't mess with him because I, BenKenobi88, his faithful servant will smite you where you stand. Just try and defy my master diamuerto and you will die.
Edit: Wow, it really does work. Edit2: Oh, I just realized. BenKenobi your a mod so please don't ban me for this.

Yes, indeed you can make false quotes...but good luck living that one down It's not like people can't check their own posts to see if you're making stuff up hehe. Not to mention they'll have me to deal with EDIT: All in good fun...it's when somebody makes up a false quote for an argument or something that's against the rules.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

A button that would insert: {/quote} Any random piece of text {quote} ...would do me, and I would find it really useful ("quote break"? "quote gap")

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Not only is Ben a mod Diamuerto, he is also a Jedi. You better watch yourself, he could use the force to cause you to have an accident