I'm pretty slow with JRPGs lol.

cool!

when are we intending to start off?

@soccerdrew

there's a rumor SONY are making TLOD 2

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NanakiXI said:
makingmusic476 said:

Years ago, when I was around 10, I played a demo of the Legend of Dragoon at at GameStop and thought it was cool as hell, but I didn't have a ps1, and didn't even know the name of the game, so I never bought it.  However, I loved the style and the battle system (dragons and dragon-ish armor ftw), and was quite pleased to find out what the game was a few years later.  But I still never picked it up.

Well, with all the recent rumors of Sony bringing back the franchise, I decided to start scrounging around for a copy.  It was partly the rumors, a bit of nostalgia, and the fact that my ps1 collection as asbolutely pitiful that lead me on over to Ebay.

And on Ebay, I was delighted to find that you can get the Greatest Hits version of the game brand new for under $20, and you can gnab the original black label version in almost new condition for a similar price if you're lucky.  I decided to talk to outlawauron about this, it turns out he had recently been introduced to the game through a friend, and we both decided to order copies of the game with the intent to play through it together.

And then I decided it would be cool to include the whole site in this endeavor.  ^_^

The game is going for rather cheap, and for those of you interested in the title (or who perhaps already have it), would y'all be interested in playing/replaying it as a group? I'd make a new thread about this when we all start to get our games, and things would be properly spoiler tagged, of course.  It'd be pretty fun

And for the Legend of Zelda fans out there, khuutra and I have something like this planned for the console Zeldas later in the yea.  Keep an eye out. 

So who wants to play this game? :D

Interested people:

Me!
Outlawauron
Xxain
Xen
SnakeEyez
gergroy
Zones
DeotoxSlayer
ShadowSoldier

Don't forget to include me! I already own this game but I wouldn't mind giving this game another spain again. The last time I played it was a year or two after it was released. I'm going to stay up all night playing this game since the story is fuzzy in my memories, hopefully it'll be like playing it for the first time again :D but I'll start whenever  evryone else does. I would love to talk about this game once more.

We're starting Friday.  Outlaw and I probably won't get our copies until tomorrow or Wednesday, and people ordering now (like Wookaroo) probvably won't get theirs until Friday at the earliest.

Same here as I like to enjoy the story, max levels, and collect everything in RPGs you can lol. It will take me a while since I need to keep my job as well :P

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
Wookaroo said:
lol, think my post got buried somewhere on page 5 without being noticed.

I'm in as well if I win the copy I'm bidding on.

You noobs.  :P

When I signed up, the default was 50 posts per page.  I'm only on page 2!

And "Buy it now!" is the only way to go.

one of my top ten playstation1 games.  It's earned its place in my fire resistant safe alongside other gems such as chrono trigger, final fantasy 6, secret of mana, valkyrie profile, tloz link to the past, crash bandicoot, intelligent cube, blades of steel, etc.

I'd join in but I just don't have the time to play it right now (I haven't even been able to play KZ2 since launch weekend).

skip said:

one of my top ten playstation1 games.  It's earned its place in my fire resistant safe alongside other gems such as chrono trigger, final fantasy 6, secret of mana, valkyrie profile, tloz link to the past,

So you wanna replay it? 

i really dont know why this game got mixed reviews. is a truly amazing game with an unique and innovative gameplay. not to mention the epic story, the INCREDIBLE graphics for his time, a really amazing set of characters, ETC,...

luisgvm said:
i really dont know why this game got mixed reviews. is a truly amazing game with an unique and innovative gameplay. not to mention the epic story, the INCREDIBLE graphics for his time, a really amazing set of characters, ETC,...

I am with you man, critics panned the game for no obvious reasons... The only frustrating thing is the amount of items you can carry at one time; 32 slots for an RPG game is way too little.

The music is also incredible and memorable, and I like it how you need to master the timing of your attacks in the battle system.