By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digg this please...

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/PAY_ATTENTION_Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Online_Confirmed_since_2006

Sorry to ask this of the forum, but it is ridiculous people still don't realize SSBB will have online. I normally wouldn't ask of this from the forum, but I saw a similar Digg article with only 2 diggs before it died.

The only way anything gets moving on Digg is if there is a large group of people behind the topic digging it so it makes it to the upcoming section and eventually to the front page.

So yeah, please Digg.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

Oh little do you know about the world of Smash.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sure, he's been planning to include wi-fi since the beginning, as he was planning on having it a launch game. Things like this change a lot while in development, so nothing it certain before launch. I'm personally hoping they're just saving online play for a major announcement, but it's lack would not hurt my plans to buy this game in the slightest.

BenKenobi88 said:
Oh little do you know about the world of Smash.

Umm... Fill me in?

@Parokki

I'd have to say that the date of the game and a large feature like online play is a little different. Games get pushed back all the time. I didn't even believe that Smash would be a launch game, and I chuckled when they pushed it back and everyone got fed up.

Things change in development, but would online get cut, especially when Nintendo themselves are backing the game to essentially pioneer their online service? I mean like completely spear head it, not a half assed attempt like Pokemon Battle.

"One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that".

I'd also like to note I don't think Sakurai ever said he was going to have it at launch day, I think Iwata or someone said it was going to be.

Finally, online or not, I too will be getting the game either or. :p 

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million

Stop posting these worthless digg rumor articles and asking us to digg them. Digg is by far one of the most worthless sites with only its users being more worthless than it is because the site is filled with crap unfounded rumors like this and frothing at mouth fanboys.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Stop posting these worthless digg rumor articles and asking us to digg them. Digg is by far one of the most worthless sites with only its users being more worthless than it is because the site is filled with crap unfounded rumors like this and frothing at mouth fanboys

-.-

This isn't quite a rumour... more like words from the horses mouth.

Also, this is the first time I've asked any forum to "Digg this". I only asked this because it's something that gets under my skin.

Personally I've yet to encounter any other "Digg this" thread on this forum...

Umm... Feel free to delete, mods/admins? 

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million

Shadow)OS said:
twesterm said:
Stop posting these worthless digg rumor articles and asking us to digg them. Digg is by far one of the most worthless sites with only its users being more worthless than it is because the site is filled with crap unfounded rumors like this and frothing at mouth fanboys

-.-

This isn't quite a rumour... more like words from the horses mouth.

Also, this is the first time I've asked any forum to "Digg this". I only asked this because it's something that gets under my skin.

Personally I've yet to encounter any other "Digg this" thread on this forum...

Umm... Feel free to delete, mods/admins?

Unless it's on the Smash Dojo it is a rumor, there's no other way of looking at it.  You're referencing an article from 2006, many many things can change in a years time.  I fully believe that there will be online functionality for my own reasons and I'm sure this game began production with the intent to be online but things can change for any number of reasons.  

As for people never posting Digg articles, random people post Digg articles and ask people to digg them all the time.  They are all equally worthless because they counting some random forum post as fact, saying OMG Wii rose another 200k units, or stupid crap like this article.

We will only know if it's Wifi, when they show the final box art... as it stands... the wifi is up in the air.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

The reason that people are doubting that Brawl will be online is because this is the ONLY piece of evidence that anyone has for it being online. Don't you think if it's been confirmed all this time that we would have heard a little more about it by now? The game is scheduled to come out in 3 months.

Delete this topic >_>

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million