By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars > GTA4

You couldn't wait 13 more days?

Around the Network
Devise01 said:
GTA IV was amazing. Even if Chinatown was the greatest DS game, I still would not rank it above something that is in a resolution I dont need to squint at. The sound in GTA IV alone kills anything that is possible on the DS. Physics and animations are mind blowing. I dont know how people could compare the two and flat out say that Chinatown is better.

From a technical perspective, you are correct, GTA4 is superior. However for me the fun aspect is considerbly more important then anything else. If Chinatown is more fun to play then GTA4, then frankly it is flat out a better game.

Gameplay and fun is most important aspect of any game. Period.

Immersion is important. High quality Assets, Game engines and Sound FX do help here. However overall (at least for me), the story, the pacing and the feel of the game is what pulls me in. Sparkly graphics might make that easier but without the correct pacing and interesting story its just a shell, like a super model.

I've never been a GTA kinda guy. I played 1 and 2, but never got into the series after. I think CW might be my next foray into GTA.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

This game just might make me fail my documentary midterm in the morning. I was planning on studying but I played this all day. I finally won big in the lottery, and I've got like 40 bags of coke stashed at my house. I'm waiting for the price to go up, and then I'm gonna make some REAL CASH.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Today I played GTA on the toilet, on a moving bus, and during class.

This was the way GTA was meant to be played.

On the PSP and GBA?  JK JK

BTW the GBA game was awesome on the toilet just so you know.

The GTA on the GBA was an abomination.  They outsourced it to some third party that only does Death Jr. games and XBLA ports.  Everything about the game was horrible.  I was actually glad when somebody stole the game out of my wallet.

Aw I liked killing pixelated pimps :'( I didn't play it a whole lot and never did any of the actual missions XD

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

This game is so good.  I can't stop playing it!

GTA IV was never this addictive!

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
MaxwellGT2000 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Today I played GTA on the toilet, on a moving bus, and during class.

This was the way GTA was meant to be played.

On the PSP and GBA?  JK JK

BTW the GBA game was awesome on the toilet just so you know.

The GTA on the GBA was an abomination.  They outsourced it to some third party that only does Death Jr. games and XBLA ports.  Everything about the game was horrible.  I was actually glad when somebody stole the game out of my wallet.

Aw I liked killing pixelated pimps :'( I didn't play it a whole lot and never did any of the actual missions XD

What is the guy talking about, the GBA one was done by the same developer as chinatown wars. It was actually pretty good, but nowhere near as good as chinatown wars.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

im buying chinatown wars seems pretty interesting

CONMAN15 said:

What is the guy talking about, the GBA one was done by the same developer as chinatown wars. It was actually pretty good, but nowhere near as good as chinatown wars.

No GTA advance was outsourced to Digital Eclipse.

Rockstar Leeds did Max Payne on GBA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsG-VUYUhQw

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

What are Digital Eclipse' most noticable games?