By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gameinformer:Killzone 2 impression

Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Killzone 2 looks WAY better than Halo 3

Only game on the ps3 that i want to play...

You know it may look better, but is it as fun, now thats where you cant know is it?
I hope it doesnts flop like the first one

the first one didnt really flop, it was an average game, just average, it made a profit I believe.

It wont flop because its a sequal but not a direct sequal, its set in the same universe but you dont need to know the story of the first to know whats going on in the second.

It sort of was a flop because it was supposed to be the "halo killer" and be "sonys halo", other other words, had alot of hype and ending up being average, so its sort of a flop, but because it was a decent success, not really a total flop

Actually "Halo Killer" was coined by some fanboy that though "Sony's first attempt at a FPS, it will be awesome." The media took hold of the fanboy's words and hyped it to hell and back. So no it wasnt supposed to be the "Halo Killer" Sony already had enough games that have sold more then Halo and the FPS genre has only taken a foot hold on the PS3. Sony never said a single thing past showing it off at press conferences. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Why would Sony let anyone play this game so far ahead of release unless they knew they were guaranteed a positive review?

The game is still in pre-alpha, already you can tell major enhancements in the graphics from the one shown at E3. Over at the Sony site you can see this in one of the posts made. This game is going to be huge.

Final-Fan said:
stof said:
bugmenot said:
Obviously being an innovative success on a gameplay level isn't required to be certain a game is AAA anymore.

All our worries are over, because innovation (which is a precious and limited resource) is no longer needed to make great games, thanks to the advent of detail and grit.

Never again will our gameplaying be bounded by the hungry demands of our imaginations: Physics will take care of that. Soon all games will achieve this technical zenith, and there will be no need for anything new ever again. We will all have reached a state of computational Nirvana, where the demon that is creativity has finally been slain.

Sorry dude, but this is one of the worst posts I've read this week. Why does everyone suddenly have to break everything into a graphics/gameplay dichotomy, assuming that if a game has one it forfeits the other?

And why must so many people now assume that every single game has to completely change the way we play. Everything I hear about Killzone 2 makes it sound like it's a great game to play. It doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to be a great game. Plenty of awesome games just tighten the spokes a bit. And Killzone 2 seems to have some mighty tight spokes!

Also, instead of Halo, I'm comparing it to Gears.

QFT. This game isn't at the top of my list but it does seem to be shaping up extremely nicely. I wonder if it's just turning into a lightning rod for PS3 hate because the original was a disappointment.

Yes, the microsoft or 360 fanboys(watever you would like to call them) are blowing kz2 down the drain with hate comments. Huge hate comments.

mM
ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
RAcCoOnErOuS said:
Killzone 2 looks WAY better than Halo 3

Only game on the ps3 that i want to play...

You know it may look better, but is it as fun, now thats where you cant know is it?
I hope it doesnts flop like the first one

the first one didnt really flop, it was an average game, just average, it made a profit I believe.

It wont flop because its a sequal but not a direct sequal, its set in the same universe but you dont need to know the story of the first to know whats going on in the second.

It sort of was a flop because it was supposed to be the "halo killer" and be "sonys halo", other other words, had alot of hype and ending up being average, so its sort of a flop, but because it was a decent success, not really a total flop

Actually "Halo Killer" was coined by some fanboy that though "Sony's first attempt at a FPS, it will be awesome." The media took hold of the fanboy's words and hyped it to hell and back. So no it wasnt supposed to be the "Halo Killer" Sony already had enough games that have sold more then Halo and the FPS genre has only taken a foot hold on the PS3. Sony never said a single thing past showing it off at press conferences. 

I agree, this is why sony lost some custumers to the xbox. They have the best fps (so far), ever since resistance came out the fps on the ps3 have been climing, I think killzone 2 will be the first "epic" shooter for the ps3.

mM
Around the Network

Sony should have worked on it a bit earlier so they could have faced it against Halo 3.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Going up against Halo3 is suicide for almost any game, GTA is the only game that can do this. With FF and GT being the the only other games that could pull sales away from other games.

GranTurismo said:
The game is still in pre-alpha, already you can tell major enhancements in the graphics from the one shown at E3. Over at the Sony site you can see this in one of the posts made. This game is going to be huge.

Link?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

It's amazing how some of these comments are almost word for word what was said about Lair a few months ago. Have people not learned their lesson?

FishyJoe said:
It's amazing how some of these comments are almost word for word what was said about Lair a few months ago. Have people not learned their lesson?

Dude, get real. This is a first person shooter and the controls are not receiving any criticism and if you are saying we shouldn't hype up or be excited about games then what the hell are we on a message board for?