By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War (Wii) has sold 1m copies.

After this week's  sales come in (unless there is a readjustment), Call of Duty: World at War on the Wii will have sold 1 million copies. Despite not selling as much as its PS360 counterparts, the game has exceeded sales expectations of many people,and has excelled despite the angst of many haters.

I didn't think it would do this well this quickly, but it proved me wrong. It was advertised, which proves to be a GOOD thing in the eyes of unbeknownst consumers.

It is evident of the audience on the Wii that wants some shooters!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Not bad, considering the last entry in the franchise on the Wii completely and utterly sucked.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

hopefully wii will get modern warfare 2 now

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Given that it's sold a fraction on double the user base it's not really that brag worthy. All this shows is that the audience for this kind of game is drastically smaller than on the other consoles, and the % of wii owners interested in this sort of game is even more drastic compared to the other consoles.

An audience exists? Yes, but if the team that made WAW on wii had instead been split up and put making two much cheaper family party games would they have profited more? I think that is the real question the publishers will be looking at.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Given that it's sold a fraction on double the user base it's not really that brag worthy. All this shows is that the audience for this kind of game is drastically smaller than on the other consoles, and the % of wii owners interested in this sort of game is even more drastic compared to the other consoles.

An audience exists? Yes, but if the team that made WAW on wii had instead been split up and put making two much cheaper family party games would they have profited more? I think that is the real question the publishers will be looking at.

QFT.

Still, a million sold is a great and respectable number for any game to achieve.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

good

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

hThe_vagabond7 said:

What you have just said addresses this lingering stigma that everything that glitters party is gold. There can only be so many games that address the exact same consumers (without much "loyalty" mind you) before the market gets saturated. You could argue that this hasn't affected FPS sales on the 360 or something, but those are purchased by a different breed of player.

The reason we see so many games of the same kind on Wii shelves is because they aren't selling, so they will stay there, until somebody buys the thing.

We can also go back and forth talking about how this game was already cripled by its lack of features in comparison to the PS360, multiplatorm sales loss, and the fact that the Wii did not have the established (I think 9 million?) userbase of COD4 owners.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I got this and need for speed undercover for the wii and not my xbox 360 because of the motion controls. it seemed for fun to play the same game with slightly lower resolution but with awesome motion controls. i was correct.

I think this is the first M-rated game to sell a million on Wii. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pixel Art can be fun.

But i thought Wii was a kiddie console :'(