By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the Rarest games you own?

What are some of the rarest games you own? You know games that are not only Hard to find but when found cost more Used then they did New when they were first released?

Myself I have:

Final Fantasy VII

Xenogears

Digital Devil Saga 1

Zone of the Enders 2

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

First two personas cost me about double what they would have at release. The worst part is that the second one was re-released new for much cheaper a few weeks after I bought it.

ICO
Donkey Kong Trilogy (SNES)

Lets see,

Final Fantasy III SNES
Secret of Mana SNES
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX PSONE
Xenogears PSONE
Skies of Arcadia Dreamcast

nothing crazy,

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

sc94597 said:

First two personas cost me about double what they would have at release. The worst part is that the second one was re-released new for much cheaper a few weeks after I bought it.

I've been trying to track those two games down for a few months now. All the prices I come across for ONE of them is over a Hundred bucks

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Suikoden 1 + 2 (both go for £100 + on ebay )

Final Fantasy 7, 8 + 9
Simon the Sorceror 1 + 2
The Longest Journey
Turrican
My entire Commodore 64 collection of games.
Kessen 1 + 2
All my limited edition sets of games. Res4. Gears etc.

I have FF7, but it is no big deal.

There is also this Nintendo World Championship thing I have laying around for my old NES, but I doubt it worth much.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Dead Head Fred
Crush
Radiant Silvergun
Panzer Dragoon Saga

These games are certainly rare, but you can still find them on Amazon and Ebay. I don't really own anything that is 'virtually impossible' to find or 'priceless'. These are RPGs, which almost always appreciate in value. (Unless they absolutely suck)

FF7, FF8, FF9
Lunar Silver Star Story and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Shadow Hearts series
Vagrant Story
Legend of Mana
Grandia Series
Dark Cloud 2
Suikoden 3 and IV (Want 2 but it's $100+... C'mon PSN Store!)
More I'm probably forgetting about.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Crazy Climber and a couple of the Swordquest games for Atari 2600. I have the Atari 2600 version of Pitfall II. I don't know if its rare, but I bought it in a record store during a time when it seemed impossible to find games for those early American systems and the NES was still a couple of years away.

More modern, I would guess Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for PS1.

Heavens to Murgatoids.