By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN hands-on Grand Slam Tennis makes me drool.

Was gonna get New Play Control Mario Tennis... now I'll save that money to get this instead :)

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Pfft. I'll just go outside and play real Tennis.

^
You can't play tennis by yourself!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
^

Yes you can, if you're someone who is extremely fast or can make clones of themselves.

wfz said:
saicho said:
^

Yes you can, if you're someone who is extremely fast or can make clones of themselves.

or even more futuristic, a wall. 

OT:  Looking forward to this one.  Can't believe it took so long.  Just take Wii Sports tennis, add some more courts and real tennis payers and there you go.  Nice they have the Wimbledon license and the classic players.

Around the Network

This is a devolution of gaming. Skilled tennis players now will have an edge over hardcore gamers!

Jaaau! said:
wfz said:
saicho said:
^

or even more futuristic, a wall. 

OT:  Looking forward to this one.  Can't believe it took so long.  Just take Wii Sports tennis, add some more courts and real tennis payers and there you go.  Nice they have the Wimbledon license and the classic players.

Do they still consider that tennis? I thought it had a different name, but then again I don't see why that would classify as something else. It's still a bit different playing against a wall, though. :P I wouldn't say it compares to real tennis in a competitive way at least.

damn, can't wait!!

sounds like we'll have another revolution besides the Wii-remote this gen, the Wii Motion Plus!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

So i was just watched the gamepro live coverage of EA's event. Pity the dude who played TW Wii and Grand Slam sucked. It looked like the Ea spokesman who actually demoed GS knew what he was doing though. With both games its clearly measuring the force of your swing.

EA Fitness, i liked it, looks much more hardcore than WF. With leg movement involved and what appears to be a much faster workout it might ultimately be a better product.

http://www.n4g.com/wii/News-293817.aspx

link, so everything is shown, you need to FF a bit tho

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

WiiFit was not meant to be a workout.
At least, not a "fast" one.