By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Logging in problems

Hello. I don't know if others have this problem...but quite often when I hit the login button, it sends me to a blank page, so I go back, then hit login, and then I'm back on the same page...still not logged in. Then I click the VGCharts logo to go home, and I'm in. This is pretty much the process I have to go through every time...I don't know why and I don't know whose fault it is...just putting it out there.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Hello. I don't know if others have this problem...but quite often when I hit the login button, it sends me to a blank page, so I go back, then hit login, and then I'm back on the same page...still not logged in. Then I click the VGCharts logo to go home, and I'm in. This is pretty much the process I have to go through every time...I don't know why and I don't know whose fault it is...just putting it out there.
I've never been logged out... lol. Whatever cookie this site uses to keep me logged in is great.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Yeah, it's just the opposite for me...whenever I close my browser I get logged out...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: Yeah, it's just the opposite for me...whenever I close my browser I get logged out...
do you click the 'keep me logged in' button? Or does it even still have one? It's been 2 months since I logged in... rofl.

Yeah I do...it remembers my name and password every time. I just get logged out somehow...like one cookie isn't doing its job or something...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Yeah I do...it remembers my name and password every time. I just get logged out somehow...like one cookie isn't doing its job or something...
do you have cookies turned on? (not saying your dumb. It's easy to turn them off and not realize it)

Yeah yeah, they're on. It's just this site. I close my browser, and I'm logged off...not off any other site though. And when I click login, it will bring me back to this page like it should, but it doesn't show that I'm logged in...I click the VGCharts home, and then it finally shows me logged in.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I just logged out (yes for once) Actually I deleted the cookie to see what would happen. :P It logged me out after I pressed refresh. I logged back in. And my new cookie is good till April 4th. I got a white screen for about 2-3 seconds. Then redirect to front page. It's bedtime for me, and then I'm gonna be gone for a few days. (might check in a time or two) Going out of state. Baibai. :D

Well I know what that blank login page is, and yes, it redirects me fine. Sometimes when I click login, (the button that shows me the name and password blanks), it'll send me to a "mediaclick" blank page, like a popup ad...only not...I dunno. My main issue here is that I enter my name and password, click login, and when it reloads the page , I'm still not logged in. I have to go to the VGCharts homepage, and then magically I am then logged in.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I have to do the exact same as BenKenobi88. I can be logged out reading a thread, decide to comment and click the log in link only to have it refresh the page with me still logged out. After trying to log in and clicking the site banner up top, it will then show me as logged in but I have to go back into the thread i wanted to post in. You can't log in from inside a thread page it would seem.