By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Bill Gates Reclaims Title of World's Richest Man

kowenicki said:
@ninjakido

Yes it is... the two arent mutually exclusive. Without his hard work then the thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of people would not have been able to benefit from his cash.

But this is semantics... we agree he is probably a good hard working man who is also extremely generous...

yes?

Well if helping others was the intentional effect he intended to have , then i'd agree . If the ability to help others was was merely the coincidental effect of his wealth then maybe not.

I'd agree he's a hard working man but extremley generous ?  your bringing back the issue of a good act vs a good character again which I alreadly adressed.

Around the Network

Its irrelevant why he gives money. I couldn't care less if its a pr exercise or any number of other reasons. People give money away to help people, gain influence and feel good about themselves or just because they can. The why really doesn't matter (and since you aren't Bill Gates then you can't claim to know why he does what he does). The end result is the same, Billions given to good causes.

Jo21 said:
if i was him i would donate half of fortune.

i made budget for my life, i would only need less than 50 millions to be happily and still have for alot

When hes dies his kids are only gettting 1% of his money, everything else is going to charity.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
The guys that were ranked higher for a little while inflated their value higher just to get on the list, kind of a vain thing :P but they couldn't stay there cause they didn't have the businesses to keep them at the top and sustain them.

^This.

And when you put things in perspective, you realize how sad their action really are. Seriously, these guys still have billions. Many of them are richer than entire countries of people. It's pretty retarded to feel sorry for them especially when you realize that in order for a person to get rich, other people have to become poorer.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
The guys that were ranked higher for a little while inflated their value higher just to get on the list, kind of a vain thing :P but they couldn't stay there cause they didn't have the businesses to keep them at the top and sustain them.

^This.

And when you put things in perspective, you realize how sad their action really are. Seriously, these guys still have billions. Many of them are richer than entire countries of people. It's pretty retarded to feel sorry for them especially when you realize that in order for a person to get rich, other people have to become poorer.

what?  seriously?  it's not a zero-sum game.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
Pristine20 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

^This.

what?  seriously?  it's not a zero-sum game.

Yes it is. Resources are limited. The western world lives very "well" because most of the 3rd world languishes in poverty and there's a system put in place to keep it that way. Developed nations use over &)% of the world's resources...do you think the earth would be able to support all humans living this way? Why is the US worried about China becoming developed? Stop and think...

Now to an individual level. You do realize how people like Bill Gates get rich right? He owned the majority of a corporation. They sell Products which lots of people buy (thus making them poorer) at a PROFIT. It also really helps when one has a monopoply on a product that becomes a must-have to even exist in today's world. Doctors are highly paid professionals...read your bill when you get back from the hospital. Get it?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler