By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze Now Confirmed As PS3 Exclusive

I'm not sure what point Sony is trying to make with all these exclusive FPS...like, this is good news for PS3, but UT3, Haze and Killzone vs. Halo 3, Bioshock and Gears of War...it's like some kind of shooter arms race.

I think Sony would be better off emphasizing some of its other strengths. PS2 was never the FPS console that Xbox was, but that didn't stop it from being #1, or Xbox from being a very distant, unprofitable #2.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
I guess Haze = bioshock if we talk about the exclusivity of those game I guess those two are timed exclusives.

Except Bioshock isn't a timed exclusive....

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

leo-j said:
Haze actually was comparing to crysis graphicly in screen shots and early trailers. Believe it or not it looks as fun as killzone 1... Killzone 2 in my opinion wipes the floor with the haze gameplay. Haze doesnt seem amazing, it just looks boring. Now killzone 2 is nowhere near boring that game I love.

hopefully not... killzone 1 wasn't really known to be a fun game.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

AllAll said:

360s inferior hardware cant run it, thats probably the reason. No hard disk on every sku no Br yes lag for online just why go with that ?

Free Radical Design are good devepolpers, they should be able to get some great results out of the PS3.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Legend11 said:
What I can't understand is that didn't Sony say they're not going to pay for exclusives? So what's the financial incentive of delaying or cancelling both the PC and 360 versions of the game?

Jack Tretton talks a lot of crap, that's why. It's obvious to everyone that Sony does and will pay for exclusives. I doubt they paid for this though, just doesn't seem like the type of game Sony will invest in.

I think this is more of a marketing ploy from Ubisoft.  

Around the Network

Sony buys exclusive = bad.

Sony doesn't buy exclusives = bad.

Lose-lose situation in the eyes of people waiting to bitch about Sony.

Also Claude cut the insults out this is a warning. No name calling.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ClaudeLv250 said:
AllAll said:

360s inferior hardware cant run it, thats probably the reason. No hard disk on every sku no Br yes lag for online just why go with that ?

Free Radical Design are good devepolpers, they should be able to get some great results out of the PS3.

owned 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ckmlb said:
Sony buys exclusive = bad.

Sony doesn't buy exclusives = bad.

Lose-lose situation in the eyes of people waiting to bitch about Sony.

Also Claude cut the insults out this is a warning. No name calling.

I don't think anyone is really bitching about Sony, it's just that they have a habit of bashing the competition even when they're planning on doing the exact same thing.  For example when the 360 first came out Sony executives bashed it for having more than one model and said it only leads to confusion for consumers.  Yet Sony went on and did the exact same thing.  Then recently they bashed Microsoft for paying for exclusives and said they'd never do that and now we're all wondering why Ubisoft would can or delay the PC and 360 versions to focus on the version for the console with the smallest installed base and then give exclusivity to it as well.

Basically, Sony and Nintendo get away with say that they don't buy exclusives because they call them development partnerships etc. Sony will offer development capital for large projects (which are the most risky as far as profitability); like lending support staff, free dev kits, use of facilities, or giving out internal "development tools" for games Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Unreal Engine, etc. or they can waive licensing fees. Nintendo did it with RE4 and with any takers for Wii launch (Red Steel). There are lot's of different ways a manufacture can do this.

It's a very flexible way of attracting exclusives, with out investing a lot of capital for the manufacturer while reducing the risk for third parties.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Ehh mehh!!! haze looked mediocre at GC.

Hopefully this means they cut the other versions untill they make this one right.