By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5: PS3 vs. X360 frame rate

Mirson said:
360 version is better.

If you don't mind screen tearing ofcourse..

Around the Network

It's a shame, I admit. If Infinity Ward, Namco, Criterion and others can make multiplats 100% identical, there's no excuse for Capcom not being able to here in 2009. The differences don't sound too huge and I found the controls way better on the PS3. So that's the version I get.

When KylieDog says there are no frame rate issues in a PS3 game you know something is wrong with that article. In fact, this applies to anything positive he says about the PS3.

Rpruett said:
Mirson said:
360 version is better.

The textures are the same on both versions, and I've encountered barely noticable slowdown on both versions depending on what you do.  And you do have the screen tearing with the 360 version, but it's really nothing to worry about.  Again, nothing to fuss over.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I prefer the PS3 version, personally. I find the frame-tearing unbearable on the 360. I have to wonder why Capcom chose to not v-sync the 360 (causing tearing, but a better FR), and apparently they v-synced the PS3 (seems to eliminate tearing, but the framerate dips to 20 now and then, since there's no v-syncable rate higher then 20.0 FPS under 30.0).

If the PS3 version is doing vertical sync, does the framerate appear more steady in PAL regions (where you could v-sync to 25 fps, instead of 20)?

Like I said though... I actually prefer the PS3 version, myself. Something about it is way more immersive. Might be the sound quality -- the PS3 audio hardware and output always seems superior to the 360.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
Rpruett said:
Mirson said:
360 version is better.

The textures are the same on both versions, and I've encountered barely noticable slowdown on both versions depending on what you do.  And you do have the screen tearing with the 360 version, but it's really nothing to worry about.  Again, nothing to fuss over.

Oh I agree. 

I just find it funny to claim one version is better than the other because of very, very, very insignificant frame rate issues  when the other version suffers equally as bad if not worse in some other aspects (Like the screen tearing on the 360 version). 

Definitely comes down to opinion.

Personally,  Resident Evil feels right on a PS controller to me.  Which is really all it should come down to.

CGI-Quality said:
@ staude
lol.... brilliant where'd you come up with that.

@ colonel
as I said, the differences are minute at best, IMO, nothing game breaking. If that were the case, I wouldn't be getting both :)

XD well.. a thread like this is bound to attract fail. It wasn't hard to find because of that :P

^on another note, why would you be getting both versions ? that seems like a waste of money..

Check out my game about moles ^

Procrastinato said:
I prefer the PS3 version, personally. I find the frame-tearing unbearable on the 360. I have to wonder why Capcom chose to not v-sync the 360 (causing tearing, but a better FR), and apparently they v-synced the PS3 (seems to eliminate tearing, but the framerate dips to 20 now and then, since there's no v-syncable rate higher then 20.0 FPS under 30.0).

If the PS3 version is doing vertical sync, does the framerate appear more steady in PAL regions (where you could v-sync to 25 fps, instead of 20)?

Like I said though... I actually prefer the PS3 version, myself. Something about it is way more immersive. Might be the sound quality -- the PS3 audio hardware and output always seems superior to the 360.

Some PS3 games are known to have 7.1 HD audio due to the available space on Blu-ray.  Even if your audio hardware isn't HD audio compatible, it's still a "cleaner" signal that get downgraded to accomodated your audio hardware still being better than common lossy audio.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

perpride said:
When KylieDog says there are no frame rate issues in a PS3 game you know something is wrong with that article. In fact, this applies to anything positive he says about the PS3.

That.

Check out my game about moles ^

i saw the compression on youtube but it was bad quality so i didn't notice much. Just better characters and enemies on PS3, and more details on houses on 360