By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Post your PC pictures.

NNN2004 said:
JWS said:
Nice build NNN2004.
Zalman makes a adapter kit to convert a socket Lga 775 to a Lga 1366 for thier cpu coolers.
Did you ever consider going with a 10,000 rpm hard drive as your primary drive. It helps with read times for the o/s and intensive gaming. You could use the 1tb drive as storage and back up.

yah one of my friends told me about the 10,000 rpm hdd but i think i will go with the new ssd hdd they said its a 10 times faster than the 10,000 rpm or even the 15,000 rpm ...... but i dont know.. is this true ?

A ssd has the fastest read time on the market today. They are basicly a big flash drive so there's a limited amount of write/erase that can be done on them. Most studys show that they are getting a few million writes out of them. That translates to 5-7 years of normal use. The other disavantages of a ssd drive is the extra power consumption, the extra heat they put out. The proformance of the drive is impressive compared to a standard hd. But,the cost is alot for the amount of gigs you get and you would need to get 150 gig ssd for the o/s and gaming.

Around the Network
JWS said:

Nice computers guys. Hey Diablerie what kind of box is that and what is that white thing towards the top of the box.

Is that a speaker of some sort?

That is the fan (blue LED) controller for the Zerotherm Nirvana heat sink I'm using on my CPU.  It's a bit pointless since I keep it cranked up all the time (it's ugly too).  Some friends of mine recommended different CPU heat sinks but I thought I would go with that one. 

I probably need to clean my fan filters but right now my cpu is running at 25c (idle).  I'm not a big computer temp person but I know that thats the lowest I've ever had a cpu, so the heat sink seems to be doing it's job.

Old pictures but they'll do:

PC before my 2nd GPU was added (from my brother, <3). 

Then some more current pictures of the rest of the setup:

My first and second monitors.  These guys are on a mount that allows them to put at any height, rotate, tilt, or pitch I want...just move the monitor to where I want it and let go...it stays put.  I have them rotated in this shot so you can see the clamp.

Third monitor (ie the TV), connected to the PC via a thick ass HDMI cable to the TV for video and an optical audio cable to the audio reciever.  Currently the Wii and PS3 (on long term loan from a friend) are hooked up and my GH crap is out and in the way b/c I've been playing it a ton when(ha!) I have free time lately and I'm too lazy to put it away. 

Massive Bonus points to anyone who knows what the sticker on the bottom of the world tour guitar is for.

Finally this is my awesome couch of ass swallowing...very hard to get up once you've sat down...not because it is actually physically hard to get up but because you don't want to try =P  It's basically a big cloud/pillow.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Does anyone know if it is detrimental to PCs or consoles to place a subwoofer relatively close. At least over time.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Does anyone know if it is detrimental to PCs or consoles to place a subwoofer relatively close. At least over time.

All in all I think it is pretty unlikely for EMI from a subwoofer to be a serious problem.

Most subwoofers do use a large magnet so phantom currents can technically be generated by electromagnetic induction....which is technically just electromagnetic interference (EMI)

BUT - With that said we are not talking about large distances at all..Like 1 or 2 inches of seperation between the subwoofer and the case would pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't run into any problems unless you went out and got yourself a ridiculously massive subwoofer that would probably cost more than a new house.  In the overwhelming majority of cases you could put the subwoofer right up touching against the case with no problem.

Sqrl said:
JaggedSac said:

All in all I think it is pretty unlikely for EMI from a subwoofer to be a serious problem.

Most subwoofers do use a large magnet so phantom currents can technically be generated by electromagnetic induction....

BUT - With that said we are not talking about large distances at all..Like 1 or 2 inches of seperation between the subwoofer and the case would pretty much gauruntee that you wouldn't run into any problems unless you went out and got yourself a ridiculously massive subwoofer that would probably cost more than a new house.  In the overwhelming majority of cases you could put the subwoofer right up touching against the case with no problem.

Yeah, I didn't think so, I wasn't even thinking about the magnetic aspect though.  Just the vibrations.

JaggedSac said:
Sqrl said:
JaggedSac said:

Most subwoofers do use a large magnet so phantom currents can technically be generated by electromagnetic induction....

BUT - With that said we are not talking about large distances at all..Like 1 or 2 inches of seperation between the subwoofer and the case would pretty much gauruntee that you wouldn't run into any problems unless you went out and got yourself a ridiculously massive subwoofer that would probably cost more than a new house.  In the overwhelming majority of cases you could put the subwoofer right up touching against the case with no problem.

Yeah, I didn't think so, I wasn't even thinking about the magnetic aspect though.  Just the vibrations.

Oh...well in that case just tighten your screws to be safe and you'll be fine.

Thanks.

Here's a build that i put together for my parents. It is to replace a 7 year old dell that is intolerable to use.

lain li case

3.16 duo core

gigabyte motherboard

8 gig of muskin ram

nvidia 9800gtx video card

sivlerstone 700w psu

zalman 120mm cpu cooler

nactua silient run 120mm case fans

a couple of wd hard drives