By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GIVES LAIR A 4.9

shams said:
naznatips said:
lol I agree with fazz. Factor 5 are very good devs. I think what happened is Sony forced F5 to rush the game to the market to strengthen their 07 lineup, and subsequently fucked it up.

Oh, I don't agree.

What is the last game they have released? How long have they worked on LAIR for? How much money did they get?

I get the feeling they are a bunch of "hardware-tech" coders. They love to play with different rendering techniques to make things look good - bump mapping, blending, filters, yadda yadda... Also sound code (which is where they started - developing the ProLogic II stuff for the GC).

Apart from that, I don't think they have any idea about game development. Design, optimisation, process...

LAIR shouldn't be a hard game to do. The fact that the controls - the most essential part of the game - seem to suck - says it all. Until you have an engine + game demo where controls are excellent, you don't even consider looking at anything else.

Sort of becoming the next Rare - but worse.

Even the FRAME RATE sucks. What is with that? surely they can just lose a few enemies, particles.. or something else??

I'm also very surprised at Sony. Are they that desperate to release this regardless of the blatent issues? And this AFTER it was pulled back into the studio for a couple more weeks? Sony - no good will come of this, I promise. (maybe they gave up on the dev team, and just wanted it to end - plus the studio payments).

its not sony, factor 5 = 3rd party

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Isn't the publisher SCE?

shams said:
AllAll said:
LMAO

All the troll pics from wii fanboys is ok, but killzone3 bitching about it is not. Aint benkanobi the one killzone3 accused of being a wii biased fanboy mod in his website forum a while back ? Got your revenge ehh.

Well he was right look at the thread, killzone gets a temp ban yet no one else, all the wii fanboys with their OBVIOUS troll posts don't get a ban. Bias like always.

And yet again, your first post for the thread has nothing to do with the thread itself - just bashing of mods who are trying to do their jobs. Nice one!

@all - this thread has been excellent, and very civil so far - so well done to everyone ;) Just thought it was worth mentioning that.

HA, yahh maybe i will make troll pics and post them in the nin forum threads, we all know how that woud go.

People would bitching right of the bat, cry to some mod screming murder demending a ban.  And it would happen very quickly.

A troll pic. How? This game was flop. That is true. They were posting pics about people and other things failing. A TROLL pic is saying "Lolz teh ggaoem iss teh sjux0riset" Get it?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

If SMG or SSBB get more than 4 reviews under a 5/10 from major publications, feel free to post all the images you want showing how those games flopped.

Around the Network
AllAll said:
shams said:
AllAll said:
LMAO

All the troll pics from wii fanboys is ok, but killzone3 bitching about it is not. Aint benkanobi the one killzone3 accused of being a wii biased fanboy mod in his website forum a while back ? Got your revenge ehh.

Well he was right look at the thread, killzone gets a temp ban yet no one else, all the wii fanboys with their OBVIOUS troll posts don't get a ban. Bias like always.

And yet again, your first post for the thread has nothing to do with the thread itself - just bashing of mods who are trying to do their jobs. Nice one!

@all - this thread has been excellent, and very civil so far - so well done to everyone ;) Just thought it was worth mentioning that.

HA, yahh maybe i will make troll pics and post them in the nin forum threads, we all know how that woud go.

People would bitching right of the bat, cry to some mod screming murder demending a ban. And it would happen very quickly.

If you want to go to a Boogie thread and make a funny pic that makes fun of the game...nobody would care...just like I don't care that people are poking a bit of fun at Lair.

It got a 4.9 from IGN.  That's VERY BAD.  Nobody's trolling here...we're talking about why Lair turned out to be a bad game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Let's not argue with him though. We're obviously just biased wii trolls and he is the most mature unbiased non-troll on Earth. Let's just leave it to the mods because we shouldn't dignify a response to that attention-seeking troll.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

off topic... well kinda
am i the only one who doesnt like Greg Miller as a reviewer
a line from his PSP game review

"Pwned.

Now, the game that launched a million portables is hitting the states. With the exception of fearing Godzilla, America and Japan haven't always seen eye to eye. Can Monster Hunter Freedom 2's runaway success in a foreign land carry over to folks trading in their hard-earned
George Washingtons here?

No matter what happens on the sales charts, dedicated PSP owners owe it to their starving system to give this game a chance."

i dont know he just seems a bit immature and out of touch from the gaming community.. seriously starving systems?....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Holy shit, i didn't even notice how close I am to 700 posts.

700 posts. Yay.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Plus nobody hyped Boogie or MP8 like they were going to sell like mega blockbusters, even if one of them did.