By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up slams wii madden.

Didn't you have a BBQ to go to?

Around the Network
konstantin_usagi said:
lol@Fazz

By the way, I totally agree with ~Onna76~.

Thanks ;)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Astrodust said:
Didn't you have a BBQ to go to?

If you have a look at the times of my last entries - 19:50 & 1:14 you'll see there's a period of around 5 and a half hours. Dunno what crazy ass marathon BBQs you're used to but that is more than enough time for me to ingest my own body weight in burgers and beer.

Nice try at being a smart ass though.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Guys, let it go.

Reviews and impressions mean "sheet". You have to play the game yourself to see how good it is to YOU.

Nevermind the numbers. Me personally I never pay 'em any mind. They have no influence whatsoever on my decision.

Take their opinion as a guide at best but never rely on their opinions of a game as engraved-in-stone fact.

Remember people rated Wii Play low and this game is one Wii's system sellers. Those who played it and are not influenced by the worthless opinions of others saw the game as good and not a "tech demo". ALL games are tech demos. Hahahahahaha! Wii Play stays on the top 20 or 10 month after month here in USA & in Japan and a few other places. It must be doing something right.

Base your purchases on concept and presentation and you'll make better purchases overall.

The industry is being changed by this Revolution and some of the old ways of seeing things will go the way of the dinosaur. Adapt or die.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:

Guys, let it go.

Reviews and impressions mean "sheet". You have to play the game yourself to see how good it is to YOU.

Nevermind the numbers. Me personally I never pay 'em any mind. They have no influence whatsoever on my decision.

Take their opinion as a guide at best but never rely on their opinions of a game as engraved-in-stone fact.

Remember people rated Wii Play low and this game is one Wii's system sellers. Those who played it and are not influenced by the worthless opinions of others saw the game as good and not a "tech demo". ALL games are tech demos. Hahahahahaha! Wii Play stays on the top 20 or 10 month after month here in USA & in Japan and a few other places. It must be doing something right.

Base your purchases on concept and presentation and you'll make better purchases overall.

The industry is being changed by this Revolution and some of the old ways of seeing things will go the way of the dinosaur. Adapt or die.

John Lucas

Whoa, John -- all due respect, but you've got that wrong.  Wii Play sells because it comes with a remote.  I don't know anybody who would buy a Wii so they can play Wii Play.

Now, Wii Sports on the other hand...is what I think you really meant. 

Around the Network
JMan said:
johnlucas said:

Guys, let it go.

John Lucas

Whoa, John -- all due respect, but you've got that wrong. Wii Play sells because it comes with a remote. I don't know anybody who would buy a Wii so they can play Wii Play.

People can either buy a $40 controller, or they can buy a $40 controller and a $10 game.  Clearly the first option is cheaper...Wii Play does sell because people think it'll at least be fun as a $10 game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

leo-j said:
I find it extreemly funny that people ( but me and ckmlb and road killers) said that the wii madden would outsell the ps3 madden.

yep, and I have already accepted my crow

I did belive that the larger userbase would mean at least comparable sales...dude where I wrong...

EDIT:

I would like to ad one thing, why is anyone surprissed that ckmlb did a hit and run and start screaming that he is trolling. I haven't succed in having a single argument with him EVER without him leaving when I put up an argument that was hard to make a simple answer to. Just ignore those post and threads like this will be much better. 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Nice sig you got there, robjoh

Has anyone here played Madden 08 Wii?  I've heard the online play is utterly broken. Like, lag galore. Not only that, the graphics engine, as I understand, is the exact same as last year's Wii Madden. And it suffers from the same bugs as last year's version. IGN scored it an 8.5/10 (Madden's highest rating on the Wii), yet said this in the review:

"Wii’s second Madden still suffers from a ton of last-generation bugs, with everything from moronic AI and cheap pass defense to disappearing pass icons and odd camera glitches that cloak the entire playfield in blur effects."

And the review title: Madden lands on Wii again with higher highs, and lower lows.

Is 4.5 harsh? Hell yeah. So was IGN's 4.9 for Lair. According to ioi's numbers, Madden Wii has already shown disappointment in the sales department. The public has spoken. 

JMan said:
johnlucas said:

Guys, let it go.

John Lucas

Whoa, John -- all due respect, but you've got that wrong. Wii Play sells because it comes with a remote. I don't know anybody who would buy a Wii so they can play Wii Play.

Sorry but that's not true at all. Yes Wii Play sells because it comes with a remote but that's not ALL that moves that game off the shelves.

Have you played the pool simulation on that thing? Billiards? At my cousin's house, I let them borrow mine for a week, they played THE HELL out of that Billiards. THE HELL out of it.

No, my friend. As hard it is for you to believe, that game sells on the merit of THAT GAME.

It's a very fun, simple, enjoyable title. And most of accessible. The often purported non-gamer audience everyone speaks about. Not to mention demographic-crossing and gender-crossing.

Wii Sports AND Wii Play are two big factors moving Wiis off the shelf. Gamer's Myopia is a dangerous disease. It doesn't allow a game player to see the big picture in how the industry runs.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

9 ball and Shooting Gallery in Wii Play easily make it worth the $10. I bought it because of those 2 games, and I'm as core gamer as you can get. I also like Air Hockey and Tanks.

On the subject of Madden 08, I agree EA did a shitty job on the Wii version compared to the 360 version. I still don't think that justifies the kind of score 1UP gave it, especially when comparing it to the other review site scores.