By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 soon to hit 1 million in Japan, Microsoft must be pleased.

badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
I heard that japanese 360 owners don`t play on the console. And that`s from safe sources; the Japanese people.

Oh? What do they do with their 360s, then? They aren't the cheapest of space heaters, even if they were pretty effective ones pre-Falcon.

You had to comment it, right? Well, I was trying to be funny. Just like when the faggot Mike Capps at epic was trying to convince people that WII is a virus. I`m sure the japanese, or western people who lives in Japan plays on the 360.

Jeez, you just came back from a ban, and you're already cruising for another one, aren't you?

Hehe. Yes, I was banned for referring to a song called My United states of whatever. When taking it to the mods they admitted wrong ban. And why are you so uptight? If I get banned for the word faggot, there`s something really wrong with the mods. Are you offended by the word, perhaps?

Around the Network
Kos-mos said:
badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
I heard that japanese 360 owners don`t play on the console. And that`s from safe sources; the Japanese people.

Oh? What do they do with their 360s, then? They aren't the cheapest of space heaters, even if they were pretty effective ones pre-Falcon.

You had to comment it, right? Well, I was trying to be funny. Just like when the faggot Mike Capps at epic was trying to convince people that WII is a virus. I`m sure the japanese, or western people who lives in Japan plays on the 360.

Jeez, you just came back from a ban, and you're already cruising for another one, aren't you?

Hehe. Yes, I was banned for referring to a song called My United states of whatever. When taking it to the mods they admitted wrong ban. And why are you so uptight? If I get banned for the word faggot, there`s something really wrong with the mods. Are you offended by the word, perhaps?

Not really, I just find you incredibly obnoxious.

badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:
badgenome said:
Kos-mos said:

Not really, I just find you incredibly obnoxious.

Well, I guess my work is done with ye then. Next one please ^^

Kos-mos said:

They play on the Xbox 360, but most of them have it as there secondary or third console, and have either the Wii, PS3 or perhaps the handhelds as there lead-consoles. That's perhaps the reason why DMC4, RE5, Dynasty Warriors and other multiplatform games don't do the numbers on the Xbox 360 that Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia and other (former) big franchises do on it.

A lot of hardcore Sony fans did the same thing during last generation in Europe, when the main Resident Evil's, some Capcom game's and some J-rpg's where exclusive for the GameCube during a period of time, but that certainly dind't mean that they would buy the next Nintendo console.

There is no way 360 can beat the PS3 in Japan. It's already too late, the battle is over, Wii>PS3>360.

That being said next gen we can very possibly end up with Wii 2 > X720 > PS4. I dont think there is any chance for Microsoft to ever beat Nintendo in Japan, but this gen they showed that they can fight there with Sony. Microsoft has done a great job building the Xbox brand in Japan this gen. And with the way Microsoft and Square-Enix relationships have been as of late I wouldnt be surprised if next gen SE will put some real effort to support Xbox in Japan. Like making some of their major franchises Xbox exclusives for example.

Sony's PSone and PS2 were that successfull in Japan thanks in large part to Square and Enix. PS3 lives there almost solely because FFXIII is coming. If Sony loses SE's support completely next gen then they are screwed in Japan - there is just no other 3rd party or 1st party Sony's games other than Gran Turismo that are really relevant there.

Around the Network

Final Fantast versus XIII isn't relevant? Why do 360 fanboy's keep acting like this is just a irrelevant Spin-off? The question is how Japanese devolopers will react to the sales of those big title's for the PS3.

lot of wishful thinking by some here.

@Rei: Would SE "betray" Sony, why should it do it with MS instead of with Nintendo?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
@Rei: Would SE "betray" Sony, why should it do it with MS instead of with Nintendo?

Hasnt SE already "betrayed" Sony? And they can go with both, just like they do now. I am not talking about complete Xbox exclusivity, I am talking about them possibly dropping Playstation support even further.

^^
Yes, going with both, or even with all three, and releasing selected, timed exclusives with the better offerer, or following other convenience parameters, makes a lot more sense.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Its a great accomplishment, but really, they deserve more, WAY more. Theyve pumped one title after another, they have a better library than that of the PS3 for the region and yet the console still hasnt found any long term legs.

Still, theyve shown that with the current userbase they are selling software nicely. Hopefully, the niche games continue to pour in as well as the JRPGs and MS can get something reasonable by the end. Imagine if they have a 1.5 million userbase and start selling 100k regularly, that is a huge contribution for any developer. Heck they could start selling 200-300k for big games.