By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 soon to hit 1 million in Japan, Microsoft must be pleased.

I think it's remarkable the Xbox 360 is almost at 1 million in Japan considering original Xbox only sold half that number in it's lifetime and PS3 is only at 3 million.

A good stepping stone to Microsoft competing with Sony and Nintendo next generation?

How much is the Xbox360 in Japan compared to PS3 and Wii?

Around the Network

Though they have spent huge amount money to achieve that 1 milj. consoles in Japan. I am not sure if that was worth of it.

It might not have to been worth it. But it japan is a market you cant simply ignore. Lifetime sales prolly at 1.7-2million. I'd say the 360 did far better did than the original xbox did. With the 720 they might just be a well positioned 2nd place player

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Good for them. But this tells me they can't be too happy about Japan.

A little party will be thrown at MS Japan, indeed. But, in order to maintain these sales, MS will need to keep buying exclusives.

Same goes for the Nextbox. 3rd parties will not make Xbox exclusives on their own if they get the majority of their sales in Japan. Multiplat, yes, but we all know the other consoles get a far bigger boost from those multiplats.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
Though they have spent huge amount money to achieve that 1 milj. consoles in Japan. I am not sure if that was worth of it.

It was worth IMO. Stealing sales from the PS3 and making the region less damaging to the sales of 360 compared to the PS3 was worth it.

Microsoft could make a dev team to just churn out JRPGs for their consoles.

Great for Xbox 360, but it's still poor sales for Japan.
And PS3 sales is poor too, because 3 million in more than 2 years... It's very bad for a PlayStation console.

wholikeswood said:
Microsoft could make a dev team to just churn out JRPGs for their consoles.

That's exactly what did they did. Microsoft helped create Mistwalker which produces Lost Oddesey and Blue Dragon. Microsoft just needs to make two or three more of these studios so they can release a JRPG every few months.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

Honestly, I am congratulating Microsoft, a year ago I predicted against this.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"