By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic = BS!

Many people are using metacritic here to defend one game or another. I think that we should stop using it cause, well to make it short, that's BS. Why? Because they use reviews from the OPM or OXM or ONM (well whatever it's called) sites. And we know that an exclusive game will be well received by an official site or an "that"console only ...

Around the Network

Show me an example where the official sites are radically different to sites like IGN and I'll believe you.

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

Not really, Lair got 5/10 or 6/10 from the Official playstation magazine (can't remember which) and Too Human got 6.5/10 from OXM, which is just under the average (talking gamerankings here by the way, but it's essentially the same thing).

I get what you're saying though, but really it's just a matter of opinion. My favourite final fantasy is the worst received out of the 3 main series ones that appear on the Playstation.

The problem is, it's the best thing we've got to compare games with, seeing as how each individual persons opinion is different. I personally dislike the use of metacritic/gamerankings, but there's not many other options to "objectively" compare games.

I guess using a select 20 that tend to review most games (like IGN etc) and only use those 20, we can compare between games (i.e IGN's review of RE5 vs IGN's review of Need for speed).

If you don't like people's reviews of a product you could always try not reading them and deciding for yourself what games to buy.

Reviews and review sites give a good general idea of whether a game will be decent of not. Chances are a game that averages under 70 on MC may not be as good as a game that average over 90. It's up to the player to decide for himself in the end though.

Wii music was slammed by critics, and Banjo Kazooie: N&B was rated fairly poorly as well yet I enjoyed them both. So who gives a flying @#$ if OPM gives a playstation exclusive a good mark? It has no effect on you at all.

@redharvest: SO4: 85 on two xbox sites, 60-65 on gameinformer and another one.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/staroceanthelasthope

Around the Network
Tremble said:
@redharvest: SO4: 85 on two xbox sites, 60-65 on gameinformer and another one.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/staroceanthelasthope

Yeah, and 80-85 from nearly every other site on the list...

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

We already knew this Tremble.

You're right, but not for the reasons you've stated here.

Khuutra said:
You're right, but not for the reasons you've stated here.

This

I don't understand why reviews are brought up in an argument anyway.

All they are is one person's opinion.And pretty much anyone else's besides my own mean absolutely nothing to me.Everyone has different tastes and a different way of looking at a game.

Metacritic is just an accumulation of these opinions.They mean absolutely nothing.