By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I've found a near perfect way to determine a million seller.

Sorry that I have to disappoint you SaviorX, but this is just not working.

Here is what you did:

You went to Chartz and Compare Games and checked Red Steel there. You didn't change the settings, so it gave you 100 weeks.
After 100 Weeks, Red Steel stands at roughly 520k units in this chart. You knew that it was a million seller though, so your reasoning was that the game was an extremely slow seller and thus, every game that is selling above Red Steel is still able to sell a million after all is said and done.

Here is why this doesn't work:

Back when the Wii was launched, VGChartz was not tracking Others sales. Because of this, some games like Excite Truck or Super Monkey Ball are shown too low on the page.
Red Steel on the other hand was reported as a million seller from Ubisoft themselves and included into the million sellers list because of that. But if you check Red Steels game page here on VGC, sales only stand at 548k. This makes sense, because sales in Japan were nonexistant for this game and it sold about equal in NA and Others, so you can add another 500k to reach the number it stands at in the million sellers list.

Here is what you'd have had to do in order to stop yourself from making this claim:

Simply change the settings in the compare games section. If you check 200 weeks, you see that the game stops at 548k. Look here for proof:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Red+Steel+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Sonic+Unleashed+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=200

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:

Sorry that I have to disappoint you SaviorX, but this is just not working.

Here is what you did:

You went to Chartz and Compare Games and checked Red Steel there. You didn't change the settings, so it gave you 100 weeks.
After 100 Weeks, Red Steel stands at roughly 520k units in this chart. You knew that it was a million seller though, so your reasoning was that the game was an extremely slow seller and thus, every game that is selling above Red Steel is still able to sell a million after all is said and done.

Here is why this doesn't work:

Back when the Wii was launched, VGChartz was not tracking Others sales. Because of this, some games like Excite Truck or Super Monkey Ball are shown too low on the page.
Red Steel on the other hand was reported as a million seller from Ubisoft themselves and included into the million sellers list because of that. But if you check Red Steels game page here on VGC, sales only stand at 548k. This makes sense, because sales in Japan were nonexistant for this game and it sold about equal in NA and Others, so you can add another 500k to reach the number it stands at in the million sellers list.

Here is what you'd have had to do in order to stop yourself from making this claim:

Simply change the settings in the compare games section. If you check 200 weeks, you see that the game stops at 548k. Look here for proof:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Red+Steel+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Sonic+Unleashed+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=200

Ahh...OK then. My mistake. Thanks for clarifying.

Is there any game I could substitute Red Steel with?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."