By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFVI remake will come, the question is when and "where"?

No idea, but I hope it's for a console rather than a handheld. VI is so grand, it deserves a big budget remake.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
The Fury said:
@Jo21
Subject is the Final Fantasy 6 not 7.

On subject, I'd hope in the net few years but problem is, whatever remake appears, it'll appear only on a handheld, the DS probably. No great graphics, no epic HD FMVs...just new crappy controls and 'cute' chibi like characters.

Makes me sad.

So did you play the IV remake or no?

PS1 version....well I did before I scratched the disc, never got to finish it, don't have a DS.

Hmm, pie.

I rather see a remake of GoldenEye on the Wii.

And what's the difference between the rights Nintendo has on GoldenEye and the rights Sony has on FFVII if any? Rare was a second-party back then....

''Hadouken!''

Next-gen handhelds I think. And since FFVI only matters in Japan whatever handheld leads there will get it.

But then again, it's nearly impossible for a Nintendo handheld to not be successfull in Japan so it's pretty much safe to say that FFVI remake is heading to DS2 (or whatever it is gonna be called)

The Fury said:
Khuutra said:
The Fury said:
@Jo21
Subject is the Final Fantasy 6 not 7.

On subject, I'd hope in the net few years but problem is, whatever remake appears, it'll appear only on a handheld, the DS probably. No great graphics, no epic HD FMVs...just new crappy controls and 'cute' chibi like characters.

Makes me sad.

So did you play the IV remake or no?

PS1 version....well I did before I scratched the disc, never got to finish it, don't have a DS.

They basically reworked the entire way the game played with the introduction of the Augment system and thei ncreased importance of status magic. The introduction of voice acting (high quality stuff, too, in the same neighborhood as FFXII) was just icing on the cake.

It was well worth making, much less buying.

EDIT:

@Rei:

Hey now, FF6 on the SNES sold nearly a million stateside! Not comparable to the latter installments, sure, but it was still a very, very successful game.

Around the Network

Sony did publish FFVII. Who knows what they own or don't own.

Sharky54 said:
Sony did publish FFVII. Who knows what they own or don't own.

Square published it in Japan, and (funnily enough) Eidos published the Windows version. I'd bet my balls that Sony doesn't own one inch of FFVII.

I am not saying they do. I am just saying they MAY. Also if they made it PS3 only, would you buy a PS3?

Being that FF 6 is the best in the series I'd love to se it get a big budget meake on one of the 3 big consoles. Enough SNES direct ports thanx.

Sharky54 said:
I am not saying they do. I am just saying they MAY. Also if they made it PS3 only, would you buy a PS3?

No, I would probably just buy the game and play it on the PS3 I already own.