By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFVI remake will come, the question is when and "where"?

@Jo21
Subject is the Final Fantasy 6 not 7.

On subject, I'd hope in the net few years but problem is, whatever remake appears, it'll appear only on a handheld, the DS probably. No great graphics, no epic HD FMVs...just new crappy controls and 'cute' chibi like characters.

Makes me sad.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Sorry Jo21 but Publishing doesnt mean much anymore especially when a 10yr old game is taken into the equation. I mean Nintendo originally published Final Fantasy I but that ended up on the PS1, PSP and wonderswan. Anyway we'll probably see it on the DS or DS2

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I doubt they'll wait for the DS2. A userbase of 100 million for the DS1 is pretty hard to ignore, especially for money-grubbing incessant remakers like Squeenix.

The Fury said:
@Jo21
Subject is the Final Fantasy 6 not 7.

On subject, I'd hope in the net few years but problem is, whatever remake appears, it'll appear only on a handheld, the DS probably. No great graphics, no epic HD FMVs...just new crappy controls and 'cute' chibi like characters.

Makes me sad.

So did you play the IV remake or no?

V DS Bound While VI Becomes a PSN Exclusive title and/or PSP exclusive.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

I'm in this thread a lot.

Explain your reasoning sir, because no part of that makes any sense.

DS: 100 million
PSN: a portion of PS3/PSP users who have internet access, and the smaller portion who use it
PSP: 46 million

FF4 was a huge success on the DS. Why would they move it to a smaller userbase, just so they could add glossier graphics that would result in higher production costs? That's a lose/lose situation. More expensive game with fewer potential customers.

I'm certain they'll finish the first 6 FF remakes on Nintendo hardware, just as they were originally released.

Besides, FF4DS was released on a 128 MB game card. 5 and 6 could go up to the newer 256 MB game cards if necessary.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

I said roffle.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Jo21 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
When: 2012

Where: Wii

it wont happen FF7 is sony bound, they bought anything FF7

SE owns FF7, not Sony. Sorry.

halil23 said:
wfz said:
Khuutra said:
soulsamurai said:
i still find it funny they won't remake their most successful one. Part of me thinks it is fear they will botch it up and ruin it's good name.

Please don't.

You know I never thought of it the way soulsamurai said it, but that actually makes a lot of sense.

I'd love to see a remake of FF6 on the DS.

I don't know if you guys are aware that FF7 IS the most successful one! not 6.

Anyway I think FF6 will be on DS, and always been praying that 7 remake be on PS3. Like that tech demo.

I was aware he meant FF7. I was asking him specifically not to talk about FF7. This isn't that topic.

I agree that 6 will most likely be on the DS, or maybe its successor if that successor is announced within the next year.