By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Discussion

I think the numbers are very good

KZ2 is almost a new IP since the first one is quite old and did not really have a huge fanbase.

Of course the game had quite a lot of hype on the web but let's be serious, that kind of buzz on specialized websites doesn't affect millions of people. It's nothing in comparison with huge advertisement campaign or media cover a la GTA or Halo

Around the Network

Alot of fanboy stupidity in this thread. K2 not pass 2 million, lol it will do that in about a month and a half.

I was only a little disappointed with the EU sales since I thought it was going to be 75k more but hey I was only 10k off the US so I'm happy...

Former something....

Today I was at a mall where there are a hypermarket with informatics and electronics section, a Gamestop shop and an electronics, informatics and household appliances shop, and only Halo Wars was advertised, and only at Gamestop, with just a ~1.5x0.6m panel, not KZ2: nevertheless KZ2 bundles were sold out in all the three shops, while there were heaps of LBP bundles at 379€ and another bundle I don't remember, more expensive. Wii here now starts from 229€ online and from 239 at shops. While I was there I didn't see anyone buying a console, neither a PS3, nor a Wii, nor an XB360, I only saw a mother buying a Turion notebook to her daughter. And I only saw a kid looking for Wii games. Quite a dead period, but from what I saw maybe Sony could benefit from shipping more KZ2 bundles.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
Yes I was getting sick of all of the negative threads as well. Hopefully this one can turn into one huge negative thread to rule them all.

;)

People were complaining about KZ2 sales?

The usuals were.  Satrcraft, Gebx, as well as some new fanboy.

Of course, hey also had all the thrads saying "Why are people complaining? Sales were great!1!!"

And I also locked all the other Killzone 2 threads, many of which were nothing more than people asking random questions about some features or another.

I just locked 19 threads, all of which were on the FIRST PAGE of the Sony and Sales forums.

This Satrcraft better be another poster satirically making fun of me.

Because I haven't once complained about Killzone 2's sales.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I thought the game did well in it's own right.

You know the funny thing is that I was saying good things too about KZ2, I had a whole thread comparing KZ2 first week sale to other games and saying it did extremely well.... Which of course was locked by Makingmusic...

So makingmusic locks all posts... blames both Starcraft and I who apparently have both been saying good things and then lumps some guy's troll account to make us look bad!

On top of that he starts his own thread to hog the Vg$!

Nice.... really nice...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

PS - Don't overestimate its legs by comparing to games released during the Xmas Holiday season.. you might be disappointed.

Awesome first week as far a ssales go. My question is how much does this game need to sell to cover its budget?

gebx said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
Yes I was getting sick of all of the negative threads as well. Hopefully this one can turn into one huge negative thread to rule them all.

;)

Of course, hey also had all the thrads saying "Why are people complaining? Sales were great!1!!"

And I also locked all the other Killzone 2 threads, many of which were nothing more than people asking random questions about some features or another.

I just locked 19 threads, all of which were on the FIRST PAGE of the Sony and Sales forums.

Because I haven't once complained about Killzone 2's sales.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I thought the game did well in it's own right.

You know the funny thing is that I was saying good things too about KZ2, I had a whole thread comparing KZ2 first week sale to other games and saying it did extremely well.... Which of course was locked by Makingmusic...

So makingmusic locks all posts... blames both Starcraft and I who apparently have both been saying good things and then lumps some guy's troll account to make us look bad!

Nice.... really nice...

What kind of thread did you create? Link?

LegendaryOpponent said:
gebx said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:

;)

Nice.... really nice...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62699&page=3

The reason why I originally thought KZ2's first week sales were bad, and why I think others thought so too. I then explained it my views and said Kudos to Sony and Guerilla Games. Even PS3 fanboys agreed this could be the reason why the difference in the percemption of KZ2's success.

gebx said:
LegendaryOpponent said:
gebx said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:

;)

Nice.... really nice...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62699&page=3

The reason why I originally thought KZ2's first week sales were bad, and why I think others thought so too. I then explained it my views and said Kudos to Sony and Guerilla Games. Even PS3 fanboys agreed this could be the reason why the difference in the percemption of KZ2's success.

That's a pretty good thread.

In passing, how many Xbox 360s were sold when Gears of War (original) launched?