By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Reason Why 360 Fanboys Might Think KZ2 Sales Don't Impress

gebx said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:
KZ2 released 27th on America....and the VGC sales chart says "28th" ...talk about comparing launch "weeks" .........

Halo 3 pulled in more then 2 million in 24 hours...................nice try to damage control.

Your only proving that PS3 games just arent as relevant in the real world.

No Prophet! Killzone 2 did good.

Read my post

I did....and I think its heresy. Blashphemy. Your a 360 fan, and your showing weakness. Maybe if you pray to MS your soul can be forgiven :p

KZ2 is a big boy game.......so we compare KZ2 to 360 big boy games like Gears 1/2 and Halo 3.

With your post......your saying KZ2 isnt a "bigboy" game cause it cant stand next to them in sales. nice.

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Bullet100000 said:
Yhea the 360 having a 8mil console lead might also have something to do with the extra number.

It didn't have an 8 million lead (on the PS3's current numbers) when most of those big sellers came out.

Yes but the 360 has been ahead this whole gen atleast by 4-5mil if im correct.

That doesn't explain why Gears 1 sold 0.9 millions when it was launched.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Why are people comparing Killzone 2 to superior establish franchises like Halo and Gears anway? I mean the Killzone series had a somewhat rocky start beginning with the PS2 version and now that Sony and Guerrilla put effort in a decent title, many people are "oh well Killzone 2 can't compete with Gears or Halo". I mean who gives a flying "F" about that seriously. Just grow the heck up move on and enjoy gaming. If you want Killzone 2 or dislike the game so much rant somewhere else. Proving that a establish franchise versus a somewhat okay franchise clearly isn't something to joke about.

The-Prophet said:
gebx said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:
KZ2 released 27th on America....and the VGC sales chart says "28th" ...talk about comparing launch "weeks" .........

Halo 3 pulled in more then 2 million in 24 hours...................nice try to damage control.

Read my post

I did....and I think its heresy. Blashphemy. Your a 360 fan, and your showing weakness. Maybe if you pray to MS your soul can be forgiven :p

KZ2 is a big boy game.......so we compare KZ2 to 360 big boy games like Gears 1/2 and Halo 3.

With your post......your saying KZ2 isnt a "bigboy" game cause it cant stand next to them in sales. nice.

Jeez...even more damage control from you. Can't you admit gebx is right? do you feel that insecure?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Euphoria14 said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:

Bro, nobody ever said Killzone 2 was going to sell Halo 3 numbers. Seriously, where do you find this shit?

G4TV.com, Gamespot.com, Sonydefenseforce.com coments section, opa-ages forums to name a few.

outside vgchartz.com.........its a ugly world run by rabid PS3 fanboys I assure you.

Around the Network

@Gebx don't forget to Add MGS4-week1-1.7mil

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

The-Prophet said:
gebx said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:

Read my post

Gears 1 sold 910k worldwide in its first week. It also had a Tuesday release and got 5 days worth of sales data instead of only 2. It also released in the Holiday season and not at the end of February like Killzone 2.

So I guess Gears 1 isn't such a big boy anymore huh?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

WiiStation360 said:

One of the main problems is that some people look at top 360 game releases and expect PS3 games to sell similar numbers. The PS3 and 360 owners have a different buying pattern, demographics and install base. The PS3 has better launches of some games, while 360 sells more of others. Shooters have much higher launch numbers on the 360, than they do the PS3.

It makes much more sense to base your Killzone2 sales expectations (and future PS3 sales expectations) on other similar PS3 releases. When you do this, it makes the top 5 launch weeks and your expectations will be much more aligned with reality.

Last gen that would hold true, but because the west are the top consumers Sony will shell out more FPS games in the future for sure. The buying pattern has changed and JRPG's which used to be one of Sony's bread and butter genres is now disfuctional compared to FPS on the PS3. Action is the only one real genre that is business as usual for Sony. GT will soon bring some form of grace to PS3, putting motorstorm to shame.

Spankey said:
The-Prophet said:
gebx said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:

Read my post

Jeez...even more damage control from you. Can't you admit gebx is right? do you feel that insecure?

Insecure? why would I feel insecure?

Metacritic has Halo 3 higher, sales has Halo 3 way higher, Halo 3 is the #1 or #2 game on LIVE every week.

theres no reason for me to eel insecure.

Euphoria14 said:
The-Prophet said:
gebx said:
The-Prophet said:
Magnific0 said:

Read my post

Gears 1 sold 910k worldwide in its first week. It also had a Tuesday release and got 5 days worth of sales data instead of only 2. It also released in the Holiday season and not at the end of February like Killzone 2.

So I guess Gears 1 isn't such a big boy anymore huh?

360 install base at time of Gears release - 5-6 million

PS3 install base at time of KZ2 release - 20 million

lol Gears 1 rocked.