By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales numbers for the PS3 in America seem a little low this week.

superbeast1370 said:
what's funny is that alot of those 360 fanboys like 75 ce...50 Cent.

Maybe you should take into consideration userbase...

50's cents attachement to each console

360 - 0.159%

PS3 - 0.149%

On Topic - Funny I was thinking the opposite, that the PS3 numbers seemed a little over inflated...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Hmm, should I trust data from retailers or the gut feeling of BTFeather??

Which is the frustration?,..,..kz2 no jump the ps3 hardware ,ist bad coment?

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

I'll post this again, only because I think it is a very valid argument.

It sold more than you think in the US. Maybe not a HUGE amount but definitely several thousand more at least.

I posted this in another thread and I am pretty sure someone posted it here.

Considering how every single console and handheld dropped from the previous week in the US are you implying that without Killzone 2 the PS3 would have been the only one to not decrease? I would say that is good news for the PS3.

If your not implying that then you would have to assume the Killzone 2 boost was actually more than just 13k.

Thanks to Smeags for the charts.

ConsoleLast Week
This Week
240,440 168,205
146,125 115,117
94,783 76,794
54,718 66,003
51,760 46,549

PS3: +11,285
PSP: -5,211
360: -17,989
DS: -31,008
Wii: -72,235

I know it is not 13k, it is 11,285, but that is the number the person I was responding to used in that other thread. He was talking about WW. Which I still think wasn't 13k but whatever.

Also if I am not mistaken, didn't sales drop across the board for the other consoles in Europe+Others as well?

This is probably less likely but still also a possible scenario.

XBox360 sales may have dropped by more just 17,989 without the release of Star Ocean 4. If I remember correctly the game sells well in America, so even it could have shifted some consoles to offset higher losses.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BTFeather55 said:
Sales numbers for the PS3 seem a little low this week. Going by the sales data, Killzone 2 sold twice as many copies as did the Wii this week (I am boycotting calling Wii Sports the second best selling game as it largely gets those numbers because it is in the Wii's box.) And Killzone 2 sold close to four times as many copies as the best selling 360 game. Yet, the PS3 is listed as selling 10,000 fewer units than the 360 for the week. I don't believe that Killzone 2 only sold so well to just those people that already had a PS3 while resulting in the sale of very few new PS3s. And my gut feeling is that actual PS3 sales for the week were actually in the 80,000 to 120,000 range.

Sales numbers for the PS3 seem a little low every week.

What makes you think a lot of people purchased a PS3 for KZ2? Certainly some did, but since about 350k units sold, that wouldn't indicate that it hit must-have status in the US. Especially must-have status worth dropping $400 on. Besides, based on last weeks sales, some PS3s were definately moved due to KZ2... probably almost 20k... not too bad for opening with 350k. (and it probably was responsible for moving more than that in Others.)

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
BTFeather55 said:
Sales numbers for the PS3 seem a little low this week. Going by the sales data, Killzone 2 sold twice as many copies as did the Wii this week (I am boycotting calling Wii Sports the second best selling game as it largely gets those numbers because it is in the Wii's box.) And Killzone 2 sold close to four times as many copies as the best selling 360 game. Yet, the PS3 is listed as selling 10,000 fewer units than the 360 for the week. I don't believe that Killzone 2 only sold so well to just those people that already had a PS3 while resulting in the sale of very few new PS3s. And my gut feeling is that actual PS3 sales for the week were actually in the 80,000 to 120,000 range.

Sales numbers for the PS3 seem a little low every week.

What makes you think a lot of people purchased a PS3 for KZ2? Certainly some did, but since about 350k units sold, that wouldn't indicate that it hit must-have status in the US. Especially must-have status worth dropping $400 on. Besides, based on last weeks sales, some PS3s were definately moved due to KZ2... probably almost 20k... not too bad for opening with 350k. (and it probably was responsible for moving more than that in Others.)

Using the same logic I used above, EU+Others would also be a 15-20k total increase. Those are only if PS3 sales would have dropped half as much as the 360 sales dropped, which I am sure it would have dropped by more in EU+Others Week-over-week than half of the 20k or so that the 360 dropped. I am sure many would agree with this.

KZ2 could have possibly sold a minimum of 35-40k units of hardware this week possibly as high as 50k+. This is of course if PS3 would have dropped this week as opposed to last week like the other consoles had Killzone 2 not been released.

Anyone want to agree that PS3 sales would have otherwised not been affected this week and sales would have remained at last weeks totals? If so, GO PS3 ANYWAYS!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

im actually surprised at the US hardware numbers. I mean the Ps3 increased hardware sales by about 20% and the xbox 360 sales decreased by roughly 20%. Im shocked that the 360 fell that much the week before halo wars and right after star ocean.

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

this is an amateur site, give them a break.

Actually Magnific0, that is no longer true. Brett has given up his 'other' job, and now all of his income comes from this. VGChartz is now a professional sales site.

And I am going to laugh at you so much when NPD confirms that these numbers are accurate

I believe Next week Should be Slightly higher!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller