By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Carnival Games Reviews.

bondage parties!!??

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
bondage parties!!??

Sorry invites only.

it's ok, i'm not into bondage.

i have a hard time seeing how carnival games and bondage are used in the same party though.

How can you not?!! Just think midgets.

Around the Network

Astrodust,

How would you rate this game as compared to Mario Party 8?   I absolutely can't stand Mario Party 8, but the person I was planning on buying Carnival games thinks it is fantastic. 

Astrodust said:
How can you not?!! Just think midgets.

a bondage party with carnival games and midgets??  wow...just wow.

Bark said:

Astrodust,

How would you rate this game as compared to Mario Party 8?   I absolutely can't stand Mario Party 8, but the person I was planning on buying Carnival games thinks it is fantastic. 

I've never played MP8. The reviews turned me off. Not that this will be much better. Raving Rabbids 2 is the game I really want. Then my party game collection will be complete. Unless Playground gets good reviews. I want about 3 party games for when friends come over.

ah! this can turn in an official carnival game thread.

i've played: wii sports, wii play, warioware, rayman, mario party 8, super monkey ball, rayman, big brain academy, and now carnival games.

wii sports is in a league of its own--being THE system seller of this generation, single handedly making the wii the best selling console of all time. so leaving wii sports out, here's my preference:

warioware > rayman > big brain academy >> carnival games >> wii play > super monkey ball > mp8.

if i have to give scores:

warioware 10 (even though i had more fun with warioware than wii sports)

rayman 9

big brain academy 8.5 

carnival games 7.5

wii play 6

super monkey ball 7 (though i enjoyed wii play more)

mp8 5.5

actual metacritic score prediction: around 6.5, since wii sports is only 7.6

the Wii is an epidemic.

using IGN scoring system:

Presentation: 6.5 Adequate. One gripe is that it's cumbersome to go back to main menu from the mini games.
Graphics: 7.5 On the level of Wii Sports, if not slightly better. For a title like this, more than sufficient.
Sound: 7.5 Unlike MP8, rule explanations are voiced, which is a big plus. Background music takes the minimalistic approach, but sound effects are quite good, overall quite fitting for the title.
Gameplay: 7.5 Hits and misses. The good ones will especially shine in multiplayer mode.
Lasting Appeal: 7.5 A little simplistic for anyone to play hours on end, but you'll find yourself coming back to this as an alternative to games like Wii Sports. Some games are great for multiplayer.

Overall: 7.5.

the Wii is an epidemic.