By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I repeat... Griffball is why Halo 3 is king of the FPS!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sharky54 said:
Yeah I didn't know people would fly a quarter mile(I doubt its really that far) They should have more melee weapons. If they did then MAYBE it would stand out. Halo really is just space marines with bright colors.

Halo Melee Weapons:

Energy Sword

Gravity Hammer

Bomb

Skull

Flag (Capture the flag)

Beatdown

Ontop of all of those, every single weapon has a melee function. (B) with various effects. A Brute Spiker does additional damage due to blades on the bottom. The Spartan laser isn't a good melee weapon due to it's weight, or is the rocket launcher. Other Weapons cause you to punch instead of melee, which reportedly can cover more distance with the punch and is faster.

So yeah, alot of melee options.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

I see 2 melee weapons. Those aren't melee. And what FPS doesnt let you melee with the weapon besides for COD?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sharky54 said:
Yeah I didn't know people would fly a quarter mile(I doubt its really that far) They should have more melee weapons. If they did then MAYBE it would stand out. Halo really is just space marines with bright colors.

Halo Melee Weapons:

Energy Sword

Gravity Hammer

Bomb

Skull

Flag (Capture the flag)

Beatdown

Don't bother with him. He doesn't get it and as with most of his posts in this thread his argument is laughable and extremely narrow. No point in arguing with someone who has already made up their mind. And besides the OP is stating that HE thinks it's king b/c of grifball. And if grifball makes Halo the king of FPS's in his eyes are you going to tell him no? If you tell him his or anyone else's opinion is wrong with an argument that is perforated in seconds than that speaks volumes about yourself.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Sharky54 said:
I see 2 melee weapons. Those aren't melee. And what FPS doesnt let you melee with the weapon besides for COD?

Usually most FPS have two things to melee people with, your fist or pistol and a knife. Halo has far more than that and updates keep coming and coming (Especially for side games). I never knew about the bombs until rrecently. The flags are used to beat down your opponent during capture the flag. Skulls are extremely potent and are usually one hit kills. It's very good to have skulls because if you have to beat someone down without shooting it will take two hits  by pistol whipping.

Other then the sword and the hammer its just the weapon you are holding. Most games just let you melee with the weapon you are holding. Just because I can hit you with a flag doesn't mean its a melee weapon.

Around the Network

Let me clarify some things.

The objective of grifball is to take the ball to the other opponents spawn to score. There is a circle on the ground that denotes the 'endzone'. That is why there are only melee weapons as guns would not be fun in an all open arena. The hammers do have the ability to throw a character a very long distance. N fact this is one strategy of the game. Having your team mate whack you over the opposing team and possibly directly onto the score pad. This takes great timing as there could be a team kill involved.

Flags and skulls and bombs are the only 1 hit kill melee weapons besides swords and hammers and those arent always guaranteed kills. they are potent but they also decrease the players run speed.

So basically its football with swords and hammers? Lol. Sounds like it could be interesting. This is in a DLC? Do you have to buy it? My friend is giving me his RRoDed 360. I am going to try to fix it. If so i may try this out if halo3 is cheap now.

Sharky54 said:
So basically its football with swords and hammers? Lol. Sounds like it could be interesting. This is in a DLC? Do you have to buy it? My friend is giving me his RRoDed 360. I am going to try to fix it. If so i may try this out if halo3 is cheap now.

Nope, that is the beauty of bungie's design. It is completely transparent to the user. Bungie can rollout map geometry and game type changes into playlists and the user really has no impact. I believe they are about to make a playlist completely made of user geneated content. Should be very interesting.

I don't know what you mean by transparent. And Halo isn't the only game with mods. I have said that before.

Sharky54 said:
I don't know what you mean by transparent. And Halo isn't the only game with mods. I have said that before.

Transparent, as in, one day it is not available in a matchmaking playlist, and the next it is.  All without any action necessary from the user.  And technically, we are not talking about mods.  Mods are usually referring to code changes done to a game to create a desired function.  This is not like that.