By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It BEGINS........SEGA Patents NEW Controller!

Maybe Epic will sue you for using thier Unreal logo as your own.

OT: Sega is awesome. Sega will punish on Uranis.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I guess sega is the only company that could possibly stand up to the big 3. Given how some of its games have lost shine though- sega rally, VF, sonic.. I dont know how much we can expect a future console. I'd much rather they made a handheld. The DS is underpowered and the PSP's UMD gives me a headache. oh well....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

YAY FOR NEW SEGA CONSOLE>>CANT WAIT!!!

hello how are you.

It would be a smart move for Sega to do this especially if one looks at the Japanese market where the Wii's sales have been flagging as Nintendo seems to have no interest or little ability to really give gamers what they want eg. great new core games, the 360 can't grab a foothold because it is mainly geared towards those that prefer Western game genres, and the PS3 is a bit too high in cost to truely take advantage of the situation. The Dreamcast is still very highly regarded as a console for core gamers as evidenced by a recent article at IGN that was discussed on the boards here. If Sega did choose to bring out a Dreamcast 2 that was as powerful as the Wii or base model 360 but relatively cost effective for them to produce with many more core and games in popular niche genres than have so far appeared on the Wii, then it could be a very good move and an oppurtune time for them to do so.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

darthdevidem01 said:

Sega patents controller?

This is a bit of a curious post.  We have been directed to look at this patent filed by Sega Japan, which shows off plenty of images of a Sega controller.

The curious thing is that the controller looks just like the Saturn’s NiGHTS into Dreams 3D controller, but the patent shows off lots of unique functions and attachments for the controller, such as; infra-red, arcade stick add-ons and even motion control!

Looks like this:

Around the Network

I would cry if sega made a new console. I really would.

That is a filthy controller.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I didn't know Sega was making a frisbee game....