By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Hype

I noticed that many sony fans aren't dicussing this title as much as games such as Killzone 2, Lair, Warhawk, little big planet or Heavenly sword. I don't know there isn't more hype about it. Game looks amazing and the story seems compelling and its made by a great developer but there isn't much talk about this game. Maybe its because the games I mentioned are coming sooner than Uncharted (except for Killzone 2) or maybe simply people aren't as intrested. How many ps3 owners are going to buy uncharted and how many copies to you think it will sell?

Around the Network

Sony Fans are interested... It's just gunna be hard at this stage... because we have been in the line up for ages to access the buffet. We are almost at the Buffet, so we have a few games to choose first. When is Drakes coming out?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

It coming out november 20th according to IGN. Three days after my birthday, so i'll probably buy it as a gift to myself and play on my friend's ps3.

Uncharted = Sony's Gears of War.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Plus unreal is coming out in November can't wait for that one too, but i will rent uncharted for sure, not sure if i'll buy it, i was never a big fan of Tomb raider type of games.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

Unless your going on how important the game is to sony as the same as gears was to microsoft last christmas, but if not.....

.....how the heck can you say that... first off they are COMPLETELY different, uncharted is puzzles and stuff.

Second: we dont know how good it is, just like when killzone was "sonys halo killer" turned out to be crap, we do not know yet, it looks good, but we have no idea.

third: Why are you making this statement, Gears of war sold what 3 million? If drake can sell that then you can.

Drakes looks great to me, but you cannot say that yet.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

THe uncharted hype will begin soon enough. even the ratchet hype has died down lately due to All PS3 owners figuring which of the first party games to get LAIR, WarHawk or Heavanly. most PS3 owners will get 2 outta 3 of thoes games and are worring about the imeadiate decision.
Every month till DEC we have that same type of decision.

Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:

.....how the #%# can you say that... first off they are COMPLETELY different, uncharted is puzzles and stuff.

Second: we dont know how good it is, just like when killzone was "sonys halo killer" turned out to be crap, we do not know yet, it looks good, but we have no idea.

third: Why are you making this statement, Gears of war sold what 3 million? If drake can sell that then you can.

I think he's saything that not due to sales or how great the game is but the similarity in EXTREAMLY important cover system. And the fact that they are both third person games with shooting being major part of the combat.

Gears is a third person  action /shooter

Uncharted is a Third person action/adventure 

grimygunz said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
ssj12 said:

.....how the #%# can you say that... first off they are COMPLETELY different, uncharted is puzzles and stuff.

I think he's saything that not due to sales or how great the game is but the similarity in EXTREAMLY important cover system. And the fact that they are both third person games with shooting being major part of the combat.

Gears is a third person  action /shooter

Uncharted is a Third person action/adventure 

Hmm i see now, yes possibly your right, didnt even think that was a possiblity ty grim, at least the cover part

but is he trying to do that or say its the ps3 AAA game that will sell big time

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Uncharted is the one PS3 game I will definitely buy this year. There may be others but that is far and away my most anticipated title.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/