By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 wii petition

Soriku said:
ckmlb said:
Resident Evil 5 will never come out on Wii.

DMC 4 or 5 are not coming out on Wii.

Resident Evil 6 is not coming out on Wii.

What else does that crystal ball tell you? @Rol Correct. Those games started before the Wii was a success. If they waited, windbane, some of those would've went Wii-ward (lol new word!)

Except for RE6, you don't need a crystal ball you only need common sense.  As for RE6, if it's even in development yet it's in incredibly early high concept stages where it being on the Wii could still be up in the air.

Around the Network

I am with Twesterm on this one. The only RE5 Wii I would play is one built with the Wii in mind. Porting it would not make a good game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

RolStoppable said:
windbane said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:

So you are either saying that Capcom decides to not ever make RE6 and DMC5 or that Capcom goes bankrupt?

MGS4, FF13, FF13: Versus, Soul Calibur 5, Tekken 6, UT3, Haze, Orange Box, etc, etc...

Not on Wii.

I could go on for hours...

Edit: btw, Wii fanboys, the best FPS controls on consoles will be UT3 with a mouse and keyboard. No need to go backwards from that.

You could go on for hours? In case you didn't notice, you haven't named a single game that has something in common with RE6 and DMC5. These two games haven't started development yet, while all the games you named have been started as PS3 and/or 360 projects before the Wii was a success, just like RE5 and DMC4.

Yeah, ok, no new announcements have been made that are 360/PS3 exclusive.  Ok.

I was referring to the list that ckmlb provided.  Most big game announcements are still PC, 360, PS3, or a combination of those.  That's just reality right now.  I'm getting a Wii but I don't expect it to have nearly as many games to play as the other systems. 

twesterm said:
mancandy said:
Legend11 said:
mancandy said:
twesterm said:
Threads like this just really confuse me. You people do realize that sometimes some systems just don't get certain games? That's just how it is and that is that. If you want the game go and get a 360 or a PS3. Unless you have all three systems this is just always going to be the case so just get over it.

If it really confuses you, then don't go into this thread. If we want to try to get things done, that's our choice. If you want to sit on your ass a let things happen around you, that's your problem. Granted, a petition for a Mario game on the PS3 will never happen, but RE5 is possible on the Wii and this would let Capcom know that there are Wii owners that want this game.

I don't want to pay for a new console to play an inferior version of a game, unless it is totally impossible. That is not the case here.

Inferior version? hahahahaha lol :)

Have you played RE4 on the Wii and then tried playing the PS2 or GC version? There is no way I would play that game with dual analog again. Hence the 360 would be an inferior version. I am not talking graphically. I am sure the 360 version is going to be pretty, but the controls make a huge difference in game play.

I have played RE4 for the Wii and as I've said multiple times I loved it.  What I mean by inferior version is that one of two things will happen if RE5 is brought to the Wii:

1. Everything is scaled down so much that it looks like a PS1.  Remember, this game is being optimized for the 360 with the Wii not in consideration at all.  This means it isn't like Harry Potter and the Order of  Phoenix where the Wii version only has the bad graphics and framerate, but it means that this game has textures, models, and things on screen enough to take full advantage of the 360.  If Capcom wants to keep the full gameplay in there, they will have to very much scale down everything A LOT in order to get everything on screen at once.  From what I've seen of RE5 so far there are a lot of things on screen, more things on screen than RE4.  Models and AI cost a lot and they are going to have to be very cheap in order to get them all on screen.  If you really want a game that plays like RE5 and looks like Cruis'n Wii then that's fine, but graphics do matter to some extent and I wouldn't want to play something that looks like the developers took a crap all over the screen.
  2. In order to get the models to not look like crap they would have to change the gameplay.  They would have to change the number of enemies on screen AND change the amount of objects in the levels.  The gameplay would be pretty different so the Wii would be considered the casual RE5 with the PS3 and 360 getting the hardcore RE5, the real RE5.

Given the choice most fans would pick having the real experience over the superior control scheme in this case and the game just wouldn't do well.  True, the Wii has a large user base but how many Wii owners want to buy a RE game?  Now how many of those don't have a 360 or PS3?  Probably not enough to make money on the game because those people would want to by the better version.

That is what I mean be inferior.  Either case the controls would be just as awesome as in RE4 and that's great, but you're either going to get one with the same gameplay that looks like a PS1 game or one that looks like RE4 but with different scaled down gameplay.  In either case RE fans would be screaming outrage and Capcom would get blamed. 

I think you're over exaggerating a bit and underestimating Capcom's porting prowess:

1. It's not going to look like PS1.  RE4, I am sure you know, is a GC game and already looks great. They are not going to take RE5 from the 360 and butcher it to make it look like RE3. And thanks for using Cruis'n as an example, probably the worst example you can use. Why not compare it with RE4 at least which looks better than Cruis'n? I've already stated that a Wii version is not going to look like 360, but I think Capcom is good enough to keep it very close without sacrificing gameplay. They had to strip the GC version of RE4 to play on the PS2, but the gameplay remained intact, only removing sublte environmental effects.  
2. Like I said above, I think the RE5 on the Wii is possible without removing any gameplay mechanics. They would have to discard some environmental details, But I don't really play REs to sight see.

We will just have to see whether or not Capcom will make the investment to make a Wii version. I have a feeling that they will make a Wii version that will retain the 360s gameplay.

You do make a good case, but I have faith in Capcom's programming. They usually do a good job of porting titles, especially the big names. Maybe I am the only one, but I would gladly sacrifice some graphics for better controls. What's the use of playing a gorgeous GT5 with an analog stick? I'm sorry but to me that is not next generation, that's 2 generations ago.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

windbane said:

I was referring to the list that ckmlb provided. Most big game announcements are still PC, 360, PS3, or a combination of those. That's just reality right now. I'm getting a Wii but I don't expect it to have nearly as many games to play as the other systems.

The reason for this is developers/publisher usually schedule games 2-3 years in advance.   Given the success of Wii is relatively recent in such a time frame, we won't hear about the major game announcements until early next year to summer.

It's impossible for a dev/pub to reallocate resources that fast so it would be unrealistic to expect any major announcements at this point to be related to the Wii's sales.....BUT, they are coming.   How many times have we read that a developer is reallocating resources or setting up a whole new studio just for Wii?   They aren't just blowing smoke up our rectal excretion orifices.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
windbane said:

I was referring to the list that ckmlb provided. Most big game announcements are still PC, 360, PS3, or a combination of those. That's just reality right now. I'm getting a Wii but I don't expect it to have nearly as many games to play as the other systems.

The reason for this is developers/publisher usually schedule games 2-3 years in advance. Given the success of Wii is relatively recent in such a time frame, we won't hear about the major game announcements until early next year to summer.

It's impossible for a dev/pub to reallocate resources that fast so it would be unrealistic to expect any major announcements at this point to be related to the Wii's sales.....BUT, they are coming. How many times have we read that a developer is reallocating resources or setting up a whole new studio just for Wii? They aren't just blowing smoke up our rectal excretion orifices.

They have already announced a lot of new Wii games, but they are mostly junk. Boogie is a prime example.

But hey, "just wait" is the criticism thrown towards the PS3 all the time. I'll wait until this next summer onslaught of announcements of major franchises going only to the Wii. Meanwhile, the PS3, 360, and/or PC are getting the major games for another whole year and a half I guess.

Those titles for PS3 and X360 were already planned 2-3 years ago so yes they will continue to get announcements of big games until it hits the point that the recent low sales became a factor in developers board rooms.

Sure, Wii is getting some quickly put together games to take advantage of the market before rivals do and to help shoulder the losses made on the bigger budget releases for the X360/PS3. EA and Ubisoft both have admitted to to doing this already.

The wait game played by Sony fans is baseless speculation that Wii will fade, PS3 will suddenly dominate, etc... The wait I'm informing you of regarding future Wii game development is a known industry cycle based on market analysis, planning and budgeting, initial development, publisher shopping (if needed) and eventually full on development. This is when you start to actually hear about the game and maybe get a screen shot or two. All a good while AFTER the decision to make the game even came to light.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

ismael said:
tk1797 said:
how many signatures did the resident evil psp petition have?

Nope. There is more than 25k signatures right now.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?pspres 

ckmlb said:

I agree with points 2 and 3.

However, Nintendo like money too much to allow your first prediction to be accurate.

If you really want to get RE5 on the wii... buy RE4 and RE:UC.

I still don't think it'll help. If UC somehow comes close enough to RE5 in total sales. (Which it probably won't) it might cause 5 to get descaled. Or 6 to go to the Wii.