By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

JRPG's
(>'.')>

Around the Network

jrpg

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

WRPG for me. Playing an RPG where I can't customize my own character (other than fighting style and equipment), or there is only one ending and virtually no dialogue choices feels like playing an FPS with only two dimensions - it can be fun, but feels like it's missing something the rest of the world discovered in the mid 90s.

Parokki said:
WRPG for me. Playing an RPG where I can't customize my own character (other than fighting style and equipment), or there is only one ending and virtually no dialogue choices feels like playing an FPS with only two dimensions - it can be fun, but feels like it's missing something the rest of the world discovered in the mid 90s.

You obviously have never played Star Ocean - The Second Story or Chrono Cross. Both had different endings (Star Ocean 2 has 80 + endings), and CC allowed you to take a shit load of different paths.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Shadowblind said:

They are way too freakin' different to even be compared. WRPGs give the player huge freedom to "customize" their story and experience, but JRPGs deliver fantastic and endearing stories with rigid guidelines.

I'd go with JRPS personally, but this is like comparing Fighting games to Action-Adventure games just because they both have fighting in them.

I agree on one side you've got JRPGs that really involves no roleplaying at all, and on the other you have WRPGs that involves a lot of roleplaying.

OT: I prefer JRPGs, WRPGs tend to bore me.

Around the Network

JRPG. Western RPGs are generally so bland and heartless (Fallout 3), though there are always exceptions (like the more delightfully populated Fable titles)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This gen, I've definately had a better time with WRPG's.

Generally, WRPGs.

JRPGs by a long shot. I find it's much much more deep with JRPGs and I feel like most have put their heart and soul into it.

WRPGs are good too though, but I'd definitely have to say JRPG >>> WRPG.

Best RPG ever made: Earthbound and if this was a WRPG, I might reconsider, but it's not.

All imo of course.

I like both, but prefer JRPG's.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."