By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has The PS3 Already Won The Exclusive Battle? Its Good To Be Back!!

Also Mario Galaxy is clearly the best platformer not only for this generation but far more than a decade. I find it disrespectful to compare LBP to its greatness :P

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
puffy said:
Also Mario Galaxy is clearly the best platformer not only for this generation but far more than a decade. I find it disrespectful to compare LBP to its greatness :P

It's far more disrespectful to come into a thread that takes place in the alternative universe in which the Wii doesn't exist. You would have known that, if you had read the OP. This is a Wii-free zone.

God damn these alternate universes! They're all over the freaking internet!

Edit: And yeah I read Megaman2's conclusion but not the article :P seemed boring

CAL4M1TY said:

Since this is a duplicate thread, I've got nothing new to contribute except:

Welcome back megaman2

EDIT: Oh wait, yes I do

Snaaaaaake said:

Name a better shooter than KZ2 this gen.

Uncharted is heavily based on shooting for large parts. It is a TPS, aswell as a TPA.

Control wise, most shooters are better than KZ2. If you mean overall though, CoD4, Halo 3 (especially online multiplayer),  The Orange Box and Bioshock are ahead of KZ2.

Aside from perhaps CoD4, all of those games have a much better single player story and KZ2 doesn't beat Bioshock and the orange box (talking HL2 and episodes) for atmosphere, which is KZ2's trump card, the atmosphere it creates (which is often mistaken on here for awesome graphics, visual filters may make the game look more gritty but it doesn't increase the polygon count or texture resolution).

As for online multiplayer, KZ2 doesn't beat any of them (except for perhaps bioshock...).

It may sound like I'm bashing KZ2 here, it is a wonderful game, but undeserving of the title of best FPS this generation by a long shot.

And uncharted < Gears 2 in every aspect EXCEPT story (it's B-grade adventure movie VS no story). I feel that Uncharted 2 will probably best Gears 2 IF they tweak the controls and improve AI (both of which they've said they'll do).

THE LEGENDARY CAL4M1TY thanks man

not until they get a game like Gears

there is a game called Quantum Theory that about to come out but i have to look into it to C if its any good

Play Me

Snaaaaaake said:
I do think that the PS3 has the best library, I mean it has:

- Best shooter (H3 or HL2)
- Best stealth/action game (MGS4)
- Best TPS (Gears)
- Best platformer (SMG)
- Best racer (MK or F2)

I suppose some would claim VK and WKC are the best in their category but I'm not at all interested in those games or the genre, so I left them out.

Fixed. Glad you got one right (do not claim unreleased games are the "Best" out there.

Sorry, should have read ahead and noticed someone already fixed it for you.

Around the Network
Snaaaaaake said:
CaptDS9E said:
KZ2 is the best FPS this gen? I think not
Uncharted is more TPA then TPS. Gears is a TPS

Bioshock, Halo 3, HL2, CoD 4......

I am really enjoying KZ2. Posted my thoughts on it in another thread. It is a Very Good FPS. Problem is it can be lumped in with alot of other FPS out there. It really isn't better than any of those, though it belongs in the list of top console shooters (at least at the moment, we will see how long it actually holds peoples attention when the shiny wears off) Truth is, I played FEAR 2, finished it Wed, bought KZ2 yesterday, and it is just as if not a bit more fun than FEAR 2. 

KZ2 is the same girl I took out last weekend in a fancy new dress. There is nothing wrong with that, sure makes me want to f%ck her more than I did last weekend, but when I take the dress off I am still tagging the same piece I did last week.

fulcizombie said:
Snaaaaaake said:
CaptDS9E said:
KZ2 is the best FPS this gen? I think not
Uncharted is more TPA then TPS. Gears is a TPS

Uncharted is heavily based on shooting for large parts. It is a TPS, aswell as a TPA.

Halo 3

Have you played both? I have, and I think it's safe to say Killzone 2 is better.

For this gen (in my opinion, ONLY RELEASED GAMES):

Best FPS: Killzone 2 (PS3)

Best Stealth: MGS4 (PS3)

Best TPS: Gears of War (X360)

Best Adventure: Uncharted (PS3) or BioShock (multi)

Best Platformer: LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

Best Driving Game: I would give this to Burnout Paradise (Multi)

Best Sports Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Multi)

Best Hack and Slash: I've hated all of them so far, but the least horrendous was Devil May Cry 4 (multi)

Best RPG: Oblivion OR Fallout 3 (multi)

Best Downloadable: Braid (X360)

So the PS3 wins quite a few, for a console that has "no games". Oh, and I'll bold the "in my opinion". Though it's beyond me how you can say CoD4/Halo 3 is better than Killzone 2 without playing Killzone 2. You say "I've played the demo", I tell you, the demo is nothing like the full game. You get two assault rifles and a crappy semi-auto rifle. No flamethrower. No electricity gun. No LMG. No SMG. No turrets. No AA gun. No vehicles. No online. The list goes on and on.

But I would agree that Halo 3 and CoD4 are both better than the Killzone 2 demo

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

^^ Love the vehicle parts in KZ2

Duplicate thread