By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales Predictions for PS3 Games/Console for this week and next

WTF man(why was lair reviewed bad?)

Lair didnt get a score but gamespy says its impressive!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=130057014&blogID=304329311&Mytoken=096F3785-B251-4BD0-9BF25152D2AA7C7A9844439

mM
Around the Network

I'd say 46-48K in America for the next couple of weeks, because I would say that these new games will have some impact on sales but not a big impact on hardware sales.  I would call a big impact, any amount of sales over 10 or 15 thousand from what we've had in the last couple of weeks beforehand.

Ssj12:

Week of August 27th:

America:
PlayStation 3: 58,500
Warhawk: 250,000
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08: 150,000
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam: 75,000
(...)
Week of September 2nd:

America:
PlayStation 3: 61,000
Warhawk: 220,000
Lair: 160,000
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08: 120,000
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam: 35,000

I guess that openning week record for PS3 in America was made by Madden 08 with 204 thousands. So when you're saying that Warhawk is going to sell 250k you are saying that this will be the new record. And you are saying it will be 250k only in retail. Madden at release was at 3rd place on Amazon and Warhawk is only on 20th, so I don't think you are right.
My guess is that it can sell 100-150k (retail + download) and I would say it would be a good start for that game.
The other numbers you gave seems also to high. If those games would do half what you said it will be quite good.

Expect TGW to sell in 1 week same that 07 LTD? Crazu person...Warhahk too, I expect 100-200k in ts first 2 weeks. Same for Lair.

Bladestorm will be on the charts ending Sept 2nd.

Warhawk might beat out Motorstorm opening week, but your expectations are too high.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

the 80 gig version is really not being accepted by PS3 fans. If you look at vgchartz data motorstorm sales have barely went up, and if you go on amazon the 60 gig PS3 is #2 while the 80 gig is #89.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Your Gundam, Warhawk and PS3 hardware numbers seem to high. 58k is really pushing it, so is 20k in Jp. It's really hard to see JP numbers locking in at at 20k. If so, then great.

well whateva you think ps3 sales will be + 1 haha

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

I think everything else looks okay, but the second week for Warhawk is never going to stay that high... has any game in history sold that well afters its first week? I don't think so.

Lair is too high as well, I expect under 100k for its first week.

I actually think that Warhawk will start really high, then drop off imediately, and not shifting too many PS3s, but when Lair and then Heavenly Sword (more so) arrive, the PS3 and Warhawk's sales will rocket right back up. I think that Lair and Heavenly Sword will both have high sales, over 1 million for Heavenly Sword 1 by mid-october worldwide. Lair will reach that by the end of the year.

In Europe, I would expect quite low initial Warhawk sales on the 30th (I'll be getting it then), then for them to raise again at the launch of Heavenly Sword and then the retail package. When the games are in shops, the software sales will increase. However, it all depends on what package Sony replace the starter pack with on the 31st (at least in AU anyway).

Warhawk will reach 1 million just after EU launch (retail)

add me