By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dan Landis ponders if Killzone 2 will be "most returned game".

Look at the update. The games were returned because 'they didn't work' [?], not because everyone thought it sucked.

No, I think Halo Wars is gonna get a higher rate of return, to be honest. Not because it's a bad game - far from it - but because you really do have to wonder how many casual Halo players are gonna pick it up, and be dissapointed that it's an RTS of all things.

Around the Network

Sony should be told about that Gamestop that started selling copies before the street release date and shit like this woudn't happen again...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

What a horrible story...

I picked mine up from Gamestop but even my store is ridiculous. Even though today is the games release date, not once have they ever even bothered to put up a single KZ2 advertisement, not on the windows or inside the store. The entire store is plastered with Halo Wars... everywhere...

They have 3 of the same damn display.

The other Gamestop in my area is about 60-40 in favor of Halo Wars.

Is this Sony not giving them anything to advertise with or is this entirely based on what each store chooses? I am only wondering because my store barely ever advertises anything for the PS3.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Games stores get a truckload of posters, cardboard standups, etc. all the time. The stores choose what they want to put up, I think. They often give the other promo items to employees, or even customers who just ask for any spares after their prime-time is over.

More than likely, the Halo Wars promos in your local store just mean that the store owner is a clod who thinks that RTS games, or anything with the Halo name, outsells shooters on consoles.

Procrastinato said:
Games stores get a truckload of posters, cardboard standups, etc. all the time. The stores choose what they want to put up, I think. They often give the other promo items to employees, or even customers who just ask for any spares after their prime-time is over.

So in other words my store decides not to advertise PS3 stuff? That is messed up.

I walked in today and first thing I saw was one of those big cardboard Halo Wars things with the fake display boxes on it. Then there was another of the same exact thing in the middle and the back of the store with a Halo Wars cardboard thing that hangs from the ceiling, the Midnight Launch poster on the door and a regular Halo Wars poster on the window.

Not saying the game shouldn't be advertised but I seriously thought it was waayyy overboard.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Well it's clearly not the case if you look at both updates. And what does SOny care anyways as long as they're selling copies they're not complaining.

Is it just me or does that article/writer sound kind of fishy...

I've been several times at two of the three gamestops in Genoa and ended buying nothing, they are a bloody mess. I regret not having bought in the past a steering wheel that now is more expensive, maybe it was a launch offer then, but the last two boxes remaining looked damaged and I didn't feel it was a safe buy.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Euphoria14 said:
Procrastinato said:

So in other words my store decides not to advertise PS3 stuff? That is messed up.

I walked in today and first thing I saw was one of those big cardboard Halo Wars things with the fake display boxes on it. Then there was another of the same exact thing in the middle and the back of the store with a Halo Wars cardboard thing that hangs from the ceiling, the Midnight Launch poster on the door and a regular Halo Wars poster on the window.

Not saying the game shouldn't be advertised but I seriously thought it was waayyy overboard.

The moneybags behind your local store probably heard that "Halo" == "Disney" where games are concerned, and he's just shooting to score the big bucks.

In some sense, he's right.  KZ2 will sell itself.  Halo Wars stands to benefit a lot more from being sold to those folks who don't know what they're really buying.  Not to say its mediocre, but it is a departure from everything else "Halo", and a lot of people are going to be disappointed with it, I think, for that reason alone.

Article should have been named "Dumbasses buy Killzone 2 before street date and cant figure out why online play doesnt work LULZ".....As far as that one specific gamestop selling it early, since almost all games release on tuesdays maybe there was a mixup in that one store on the release date?? I havent seen any evidence that any other stores broke street date or that it happened at all elsewhere. Just plain stupidity on the customers part though, and to think 26 ppl brought it back!! Thats 26 ppl that thought the damn disc was the reason why they couldnt connect online, just retarted lol.

docholliday said:
Article should have been named "Dumbasses buy Killzone 2 before street date and cant figure out why online play doesnt work LULZ".....As far as that one specific gamestop selling it early, since almost all games release on tuesdays maybe there was a mixup in that one store on the release date?? I havent seen any evidence that any other stores broke street date or that it happened at all elsewhere. Just plain stupidity on the customers part though, and to think 26 ppl brought it back!! Thats 26 ppl that thought the damn disc was the reason why they couldnt connect online, just retarted lol.

This kinda goes back to the thing I just posted above, about why there are more Halo Wars posters in Euphoria14's local shop than seems reasonable.  Trickin' the knuckleheads into buying it before they even understand what it is.  Sad statement, but its true.