By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned Breaks Live Records

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned Breaks Live Records

Bestest this, bestest that, most money taken, highest reviewers ever - the list goes on!

Already owner of the biggest entertainment launch in history, the “Grand Theft Auto IV” franchise continues its rampage on the record books with the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable episode, “The Lost and Damned.” The highest reviewed downloadable content ever from Rockstar Games eclipsed first-day revenue for all previous downloadable content on Xbox LIVE.

“Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned” energized the already vibrant “Grand Theft Auto IV” community, resulting in a greater increase in active users the week before launch than seen from any previous downloadable content. With over ten hours of gameplay and new multiplayer modes, “The Lost and Damned” has received acclaim from critics and gamers alike, setting a new bar for quality and depth in episodic content.

“The success of ‘Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned’ redefines what consumers expect from Game Add-ons,” said Marc Whitten, general manager of Xbox LIVE. “Content like this is extending the lives of our favorite games and fundamentally changing the way we play.”

“The Lost and Damned” is available for download on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 1600 Microsoft Points and requires the full version of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/45109/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-The-Lost-and-Damned-Breaks-Live-Records

----

Seems like a success.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

So they didn't really say anything about how much it sold or anything, just that the DLC upped the active users week-over-week better than any DLC before. Given that it is GTA, and is one of the most comprehensive DLCs to come out, with only The Shivering Isles having the same breadth of content this has, it's a good thing I suppose.

Argh! Who do I have to kill to finally get these companies to release actual numbers for online sales!?

"IT SOLD LOTS!!!" doesn't do anything for me.

Just goes to show when companies actually make a proper decent DL worth the points people will flock to it.

Where the numbers at?
Come on microsoft

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network

Good too hear, but some specifics would be nice.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

MS...you usually give us numbers, why not now!!!!
congrats anyways...seems like some really good DLC, will get it soon...

Seems like nice sales, still haven't downloaded it yet. Should get it soon.

A lot less inormation here than I was hoping for :(. How about uh... telling us something?

Hardly anyone on my list has this...
infact i dont think ive seen a single person on GTA since this as released. People must not wanna see a dick in videogames