By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 Sells 359k in the FIRST DAY!

Zuhyc said:
AaronSOLDIER said:
Yakuza is bigger than MGS in Japan isnt it? One is based in the US and the other is based smack bang in the middle of Tokyo. I think Yakuza couldve beat MGS4 sales it wouldnt surprise me

Dynasty Warriors 4 sold 900k on the Ps3 (more than MGS 3), yest Dynwasty Warriors 5 only sold 400k on the PS3.Hots Shots Golf was a million seller on the PS2, the PS3 version sold about 500k.

Sales of the PS2 versions don't mean that much.

I wasnt talking about the PS2 versions I was just comparing the two different series overall

Around the Network

So what number is true 232 or 359, eva way it is good and these are the numbers star ocean would have bin doing had it bin on PS3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

359K does sound too high. 232K is more likely, and still a great number.

badgenome said:
damndl0ser said:

Unfortunately I cannot read Japanese writing.  But if this is true then I applaud the efforts.  It was a lot more than I anticipated.

After looking at that, I could only imagine how bad some people's writing would be.  Do Japanese doctors write like American ones do?  Jeez, think of how bad that would be!  

Yeah, a lot of people's kanji looks like chicken scratch.

OT: I'm confused as to where the 359k figure came from. Good sales, nonetheless. RPG might win his bet after all! 

My writing looks like Chicken Scratches at times!  But if I had to write like that it would be REALLY BAD!! BEYONd chicken scratch.  Is that possible?  lol.

OT: I would also like to know where they got that figure.  To me it just seems to good to be true.  But I actually hope it does really well.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

And people called my predictions too high.

Note Yakuza 2 only did 280 first week.

So if this is true....  Looks like it might go over Yakuza 2 sales. (Which I thought it would.)

Well if it was 232 though.  Yeah I went too high... doubt it'd hit 800K.

Around the Network

So what number is true 232 or 359????

Thats alot if its true.

If you've played the demo - I can tell just from that it is way better than the prequels. Especially (and obviously) the graphics. I think that would have sold a lot of people, and also I dont hink the first two even got a demo!

OMG HOLY CRAP. That's heaps. I bet 700k first week.

i read ign last nite......they said yakuza 3 will b huge in japan........sega are going balls out promoting it, yakuza 3 is looking to be yet another ace exclusive or ps3 i cnt wait for itn.......its a massive game with 30hours till completion its jus like shenmue, an action adventure game with tons o do in game like virtua fighter style toournements etc

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...