By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Man, Halo 3 preorders are off the hook...

Geez, if only an Xbox 360 was attached to each of those preorders then maybe the Wii wouldn't have to be bragging about being the console leader right now. HALO RULES ALL FPS's!!! Cant wait to play....err, live it. currently playing Metroid Coruption for Nintendo Wii till Halo 3 comes out. WOOT!!

Around the Network
kn said:

2.5 million copies sold in the opening period would be $172.5 million right out of the gate. Didn't Microsoft state they wanted this to be the biggest opening number for an entertainment title (both video game and movie)? I think that record stands at about $150 million for Spiderman 3 in the U.S. but I could be wrong. I don't think there is any reason at this point why they won't only beat that number but smash it to bits...

While Halo will more massive than any video game ever I am not sure if it will beat Harry Potter 7 for biggest entertainment title ever. In the US it sold 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours. Figure at least $20 on average with the discounts and that is $166 million the first day. So if you estimates hold true Halo might nudge it out.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

mightyERone said:
Geez, if only an Xbox 360 was attached to each of those preorders then maybe the Wii wouldn't have to be bragging about being the console leader right now. HALO RULES ALL FPS's!!! Cant wait to play....err, live it. currently playing Metroid Coruption for Nintendo Wii till Halo 3 comes out. WOOT!!

What does the Wii have to do with Halo 3 preorders?  Nothing so please enjoy MP3 and leave the Wii out of threads like this.

I felt a disturbance in the force. It's as if a thousand Xbox Live servers screamed in pain, and then were suddenly silenced...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Does this shock me? Yes and no. I expected it, but don't really know till you see it. Halo 3 is going to be a moster, but how many units will it push?

Around the Network

Last time I pre-ordered a game it was for Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Halo3 is gonna be off da hiz-artz.

I'd imagine preorders will really start heating up this week as the "average" person beguns to realize just how CLOSE launch is.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

I can't ever remember at any time in my gaming history (and it goes back a long way) having so freaking many AAA games coming out on multiple platforms. MP3, Halo 3, Bioshock, Warzone, Incredible Sword, Mass Effect, Lair, SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and so on. Never has it been so good for the gamers regardless of their alliance.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
I can't ever remember at any time in my gaming history (and it goes back a long way) having so freaking many AAA games coming out on multiple platforms. MP3, Halo 3, Bioshock, Warzone, Incredible Sword, Mass Effect, Lair, SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and so on. Never has it been so good for the gamers regardless of their alliance.

I think you were looking for the word Heavenly.

And, I wholeheartedly agree with you. This fall is a gamer's paradise AKA your wallet's worse nightmare. 

kn said:

I think that record stands at about $150 million for Spiderman 3 in the U.S.

Let's just hope that it doesn't follow the "delivery" of Spideman 3, too.

As in, turn out to be a total letdown for the majority of viewers/players.

Also: Before anybody says, "OMG HALO3 PWNS SO BAD THESE PREORDER NUMBERS PROVE IT", I doubt Halo 3 will have legs for very long at all. I expect that it has such high preorder numbers because most, if not all, of the people who WILL want the game - ever - already know that they will. As a result, they're all buying it right away.

It's the same concept as the fact that anybody who wants Halo 3 probably already has a 360, so Halo 3 won't move many consoles.

SW-5120-1900-6153