By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Recent Bans & a Suggestion

I don't know if it's just me noticing strange things or what but it feels like there have been a lot of bans today. 

I go into threads to find almost every other poster banned.  One thread in the Sony forum was literally alternating between banned and unbanned posters and it was kind of creepy.

This is actually really disturbing from my perspective (or lack thereof).  I remember reading a while ago that posters received three warnings was it between/before bans but only moderators see those warnings I assume.  This system is still adhered to correct?

I'd like to suggest a system put in place where posts are designated as "warned."  A little red notice is put at the top or bottom that says "This user was warned by <moderator> for this post."  Right now we only see the post someone is banned for but no real display in any thread is made for posts they were warned for.  Display posts that triggered warnings not only gives more transparent in the activities of moderators but also signals to other users what is and isn't acceptable in terms of content.

Benefits:

1)  Users are informed what is/isn't acceptible in posts.
2)  Warned posters are continually reminded of such when reading threads.
3)  Users are able to better understand why things happen and there is less surprise/shock.

Around the Network

oh i was warned once for flaming

but the second time i was banned for the stupidest thing

i called someone a troll :(

I don't like the ban system around here.
Ive been banned for the most ridiculous things, I don't even know where to start.

I agree Smashed. I got banned because Brett didn't like my "attitude". My attitude was simply not praising him like the God everyone else seems to think he is. :P And because I kept bringing up financial stuff, but I guess I was wrong since this isn't his full time job... OH WAIT. :P ;)

I like the idea of posts being flagged for their warning, but the idea of a warning is that it's private.

Would you rather have more transparency?

Around the Network

I agree. Today I saw someone got banned by Montana for a song reference "United States of Whatevah", appearantly for being anti-American (??).

Chrizum said:
I agree. Today I saw someone got banned by Montana for a song reference "United States of Whatevah", appearantly for being anti-American (??).

we need more dutch mods hehe and ban those crazy ami's

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

There were mass bannings? I really need to pay more attention...

I think the mod team needs restructuring, some mods are perfectly fine, but some have issues that directly affect their ability to moderate with a clear head.

I like your idea though.

Chrizum said:

Your thinking about Kos-Mos. Although the J man doesnt know about the post your referring to , he does remember a post from him recently that was seriously anti-american and racist and was probably put on serious probation because of it.

If you read the post the J man did you would agree.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!