By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Is The Best Fps Ever.

rocketpig said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
Killzone 2 is pretty good, but its definately not the best single or multi-player experience. When I play it, the developer has done some pretty good work, however the level design etc isn't quite up to the standard of developers who consistantly produce AAA shooters such as Bungie, Valve, Infinity Ward and Epic. It does give me some good things to look forward to for the next game.

Infinity ward ? i haven't played other halos than the first (which i didn't like so i won't comment on bungie) but the call of duty games doesn't exacly have very good online maps. They are inconsistent in quality. Killzone 2's online hangs with every company you mentioned up there.. because it's really good. I'm not gonna say better. But it's worth mentioning in the same sentence.

The real test for the online is how many people will play it in 6 months or 12 months time. Hype can get people to buy a game, quality will get them to keep playing it.

That is true, however to me it seems like they really managed to create an awesome online experience. Who knows, it might get dull later on. But for now, it's great.. :P

Which is why "best FPS ever" should not be thrown around less than a week after release.

Actually i don't think you can say any game is ultimately the best of any genre. Simply because the viarity in every genre will draw different people to the different games, and hence they will have different opinions on what games are best. However, I do believe that you can see it when a game is thouroughly well executed and among the best of the genre.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
rocketpig said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
Killzone 2 is pretty good, but its definately not the best single or multi-player experience. When I play it, the developer has done some pretty good work, however the level design etc isn't quite up to the standard of developers who consistantly produce AAA shooters such as Bungie, Valve, Infinity Ward and Epic. It does give me some good things to look forward to for the next game.

Infinity ward ? i haven't played other halos than the first (which i didn't like so i won't comment on bungie) but the call of duty games doesn't exacly have very good online maps. They are inconsistent in quality. Killzone 2's online hangs with every company you mentioned up there.. because it's really good. I'm not gonna say better. But it's worth mentioning in the same sentence.

The real test for the online is how many people will play it in 6 months or 12 months time. Hype can get people to buy a game, quality will get them to keep playing it.

That is true, however to me it seems like they really managed to create an awesome online experience. Who knows, it might get dull later on. But for now, it's great.. :P

Which is why "best FPS ever" should not be thrown around less than a week after release.

Actually i don't think you can say any game is ultimately the best of any genre. Simply because the viarity in every genre will draw different people to the different games, and hence they will have different opinions on what games are best. However, I do believe that you can see it when a game is thouroughly well executed and among the best of the genre.

Well, most people can't, but I certainly can tell you what games AREN'T the best of a certain genre.

Vesperia is fantastic. People go shits over it. It's not the best jrpg ever. Not even close, by any scale.

Killzone 2 is the Vesperia of fps. It could compete for best traditional game of a genre this generation, but me saying it's the best fps(or jrpg in the case of vesperia) of all time is ludcrious. It hasn't stood the test of time, it's isn't universally hailed, it doesn't necessarily have a AAA standalone single player campaign, and it actually has a small gameplay compromise in order to obtain its most notable feature, graphics.

Absolutely rediculious. Period. Does anyone dispute me?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

you guys know you can go to options and switch controls to alternate 2 and it's exactly the same as COD4....

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

G O L D E N E Y E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

No Doubt!!!!!!!!!

by the way zen, I agree with you two posts ago and it has become especially apparent to me this past week when SO4 came out. everyone is saying how great it is simply on a gauge of how much they have been anticipating it. I bought and am playing it, and it is simply not that that great. My opinion? yes, but to call that rpg amazing isn't right.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Around the Network

One of the best, that's for sure. It's not ground breaking enough to be remembered like the Half Lifes and Halos, but what can you do? If it were relased a year ago, maybe...

Only PS3 fans are saying: "Kill Zone 2 is the best FPS ever made". Oh well if it makes you guys happy keep believing that.

Ah, I picked up Killzone 2 today, played a couple hours of the campaign and I have to say I am pretty disapointed. It doesnt' live up to the hype for me. The graphics are good, but aren't OMG BEST GRAPHICS EVER good, which is what I have been hearing for years. In fact, to me anyway, gears 2 actually looked better, but that's probably just the art design. The things that I really don't like about Killzone 2 is the nonsesensical story (even worse than gears so far, and thats saying something) and the stupid controls. I messed with the controls for like a half hour before I finally got to the point where it felt somewhat comfortable, but the cover mechanic is still extremely awkward, as well as the zoom and melee motions. That being said there are lots of good about Killzone, but I wouldn't say it's that great. I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but I have a hard time with ps3 multiplayer as NOBODY TALKS. It drives me nuts, I'm to aclimated to xbox live...

I'm commenting from the first page of the thread. Is it a flame war yet?

gergroy said:
Ah, I picked up Killzone 2 today, played a couple hours of the campaign and I have to say I am pretty disapointed. It doesnt' live up to the hype for me. The graphics are good, but aren't OMG BEST GRAPHICS EVER good, which is what I have been hearing for years. In fact, to me anyway, gears 2 actually looked better, but that's probably just the art design. The things that I really don't like about Killzone 2 is the nonsesensical story (even worse than gears so far, and thats saying something) and the stupid controls. I messed with the controls for like a half hour before I finally got to the point where it felt somewhat comfortable, but the cover mechanic is still extremely awkward, as well as the zoom and melee motions. That being said there are lots of good about Killzone, but I wouldn't say it's that great. I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but I have a hard time with ps3 multiplayer as NOBODY TALKS. It drives me nuts, I'm to aclimated to xbox live...

Well, this might start it...