By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I finally got a PS3

I have had the 360 since 2006 but yesterday my girlfriend surprised me with an 80 gig PS3 for my birthday. I would have probably never bought one if it weren't for a present but since now that I have one, what the hell.

A friend of mine game me his PSN info to download some PSN games and so far it has been some good fun. The download times aren't that great and I don't like how you have to install everything but other than that pretty good.

I don't suppose anyone wants to share their PSN ID with me would they now? haha =)

Anyway my first game of choice is Killzone 2 and then Drakes Fortune. My question is does DF have much replay value or is it a rent?

Around the Network

Congrats on the PS3. As for Drakes Fortune, I recommend getting it at $30 or less. The game is about 8 hours, and it has trophies, but if you don't care about trophies, then just rent it. There's not much to do other than getting trophies.

You should try and download the Folklore and Warhawk demo. Those two games are my favs on the PS3. Not sure if you like those types of games...You can add me if you like. PSN - DJChuy

congrats on ps3 myself just got one too about 3 weeks ago ive had my 360 since 2005 and i end up traded my wii to gamestop. but i got alot back on my taxes so i got a ps3...... and uncharted was the first game i got....i got it used for 39.99 at gamestop i own 9 ps3 games and 30 360 games i got 6 of the 9 ps3 games used...uncharted has replay vaule... i beat it 3 times nomal,hard,and crushing mode its worth a buy

psn: cecil322

xbox live: cecilingle

get uncharted its good and has trophies

DF has tons of replay value, cause it's just awesome. I'd like to congratulate you on getting a ps3, but I'm more inclined to say, How did you get a girlfriend who would buy you a ps3 for your birthday?! Jealous here.. :d

Around the Network

Killzone 2
MGS4
uncharted(one of the best games)
Resistance 2
heavenly sword(it's cheap brand new)
Motorstorm:pacific rift
little big planet/ratchet and clack(if you like platformers)
wipeout HD
Flower
siren(on psn if you like really scary shit)
warhawk/socom(if you like online only games)
Valkyria chronicles/diseaga 3(if you like JRPG)

get some of those and get ready for

Heavy rain
Infamous
god of war 3
mag

Well I wouldn't necessarily say it's ONLY worth the trophies. But I'd get it for no more than 40 bucks. It's a really good game. Try Gameflying it and if you like it keep it and pay the difference. I also recommend MGS4 and both Resistance games.

I wish my girlfriend would buy me at least a video game....

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

DF is a lot of fun and possibly one of the most jaw dropping visual games out this gen. i completed it twice and then traded it in only to go buy it back for its fun factor. its possibly the best ps3 game i have purchased.

to make it easier to decide ask yourself:

do i like gears?

do i like indiana jones?

do i want something with incredible graphics and gameplay?

if your answers are YES, you wont be disappointed

psn id is Swtchmob21

Thanks for the information guys. I think I am going to purchase DF for sure, as well as the second one which has really caught my interest.

I currently have for the PSN: Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, GT5 Prologue, Pain, PixelJunk Monster and Flower.

All really fun games. The downloads are a bit slow but it is worth it in the end.

PSN: SlipperyMooseNG
XBL: SlipperyMooseNG