By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Virtual On For Xbox 360? It's On!

Virtual On For Xbox 360? It's On!

It's true. Sega is bringing Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, its hardcore arcade mech fighting game, to Xbox Live Arcade. The re-release has been officially announced in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu Weekly.

The Xbox 360 release will be Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram version 5.66, the final release for Sega's NAOMI arcade platform, released in 2000. The Xbox Live Arcade release, slated for April, has already been priced at 1200 Microsoft Points according to the mag.

Hopefully, the official announcement of VOOT means that more of Sega's Dreamcast and NAOMI titles are en route. After all, Sega registered the trademark for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram in December, alongside a slew of other Dreamcast era games over the past six months.

Those include ChuChu Rocket, Cosmic Smash, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Shuffle and more. Sega has yet to confirm a re-release of any of those titles, however.

With the Dreamcast due for its tenth anniversary in North America later this year, will Sega capitalize on console nostalgia further? Oh, God, let's hope so.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5159889/virtual-on-for-xbox-360-its-on

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

looks awesome :)

Looks like stickball already posted about this. Ohh well, not my fault he can't spell the game's title right. u_u

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Any idea if this is the exact same as the Dreamcast version? If it is I may not pick it up; I already own the Dreamcast version.

Capulous said:
Any idea if this is the exact same as the Dreamcast version? If it is I may not pick it up; I already own the Dreamcast version.

I'm not sure if the Dreamcast version was the final version that was released in the arcades, but this will have Achievements.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network

is it coming ouy for psn

pbroy said:
Capulous said:

I'm not sure if the Dreamcast version was the final version that was released in the arcades, but this will have Achievements.

And online!

They need to bring over Sega Saturn games. Particularly Panzer Dragoon Saga.

no jet set radio

dsister44 said:
is it coming ouy for psn

Knowing PS3's luck...no, it would be cool though