By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why all the Wii paranoia?

Why is it certain Wii owners are falling into a state of deep paranioa about the future of quality games on Nintendo's white wonder machine? Granted some are just message board lurkers falling for flamebait, but why are some of the more reasonable gamers in such a panic?

The console has already shown it can support excellent first and thrid-party games with Brawl, Galaxy, No More Heroes, NiGHTS, Castlevania: Judgment, Zack and wiki, Fire emblem, Okami, RE: Umbrella chronicles, and House of the dead: over-kill just to name a few, and even then more titles are nearing completion, such as The Condit, Muramasa, and Little king's story, so why is it that all ove a sudden the Wii is "finished with actual games"?

Guess this is what I deserve for reading Destructiod, eh? :/

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Around the Network

Have you been seeing this on VGChartz, or on the internet in general?

I've been hearing a lot of people saying "2009 is the year of the Wii!" and personally I agree with them, there are so many games coming out this year that I want, plus who knows what Nintendo and third parties will throw at us this holiday season! I can't wait to play Red Steel 2.

RolStoppable said:
There are enough reasons to act paranoid. For example, rumor has it that Nintendo's big games at this year's E3 are going to be Wii Walk In The Park and Wii Care For Old People.

Are you telling me you aren't looking forward to those games?

Oh I forgot to mention Wii Sports Resort and WM+ in my original post, I'm definitely looking forward to both of those.

It was fashionable to worry about the future of the little white box some months ago. After the Fall Media Summit, however, it hasn't been.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

People who have bought the console have excepted the low quality of Wii games already, and they're perfectly fine with playing a bunch of crap as they wait for their Nintendo games.

Wii fans don't care enough about games to go paranoid over it. Right now, it's my fellow PS3 fans that are going mad over stuff, not the Wii fans.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I'm guessing it is because there is a lot more third party support for PS3 and 360.

RolStoppable said:
wfz said:
RolStoppable said:
There are enough reasons to act paranoid. For example, rumor has it that Nintendo's big games at this year's E3 are going to be Wii Walk In The Park and Wii Care For Old People.

Are you telling me you aren't looking forward to those games?

Oh I forgot to mention Wii Sports Resort and WM+ in my original post, I'm definitely looking forward to both of those.

Yes.

Of course you are looking forward to the next Wii whatever game, you are a casual gamer after all.

I distinctly remember you making a post in that thread answering your own OP, in which you made it fairly obvious that you are indeed a casual gamer as well. I even quoted you.

RolStoppable said:

Yes. I was the character model for the younger version of the old person.

Whoops. I was not supposed to let that slip yet. 8*>

Seriously, there are a lot of good games coming out for the Wii. It is just that some people can't accept that the Wii is not getting the exact same game lineup as the other two consoles.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

i dont see wii fans saying it i see alot of other game console owners saying it though

Riot Of The Blood said:
People who have bought the console have excepted the low quality of Wii games already, and they're perfectly fine with playing a bunch of crap as they wait for their Nintendo games.

Wii fans don't care enough about games to go paranoid over it. Right now, it's my fellow PS3 fans that are going mad over stuff, not the Wii fans.

Wait....what!?

Is this sarcasm?