By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KZ2 servers down! (= huge first day sales???)

More like the servers werent ready

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
dbot said:
I would say yes, if Sony didn't have a history of network issues with new releases. Enjoy the single player while they fix it. I hope they have it fixed by Friday, but not before.

You said it right there. I remember when Resistance 2 was released it took about a month to get the server issues corrected.

You would think they would have enough servers available at launch for such a high profile game.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

izaaz101 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Wow, must mean big sale #s. Some of PS3's best games had these issues: LBP, MGS4. Poor Resistance 2, I don't recall it having these issuses, which could equate to it not selling like MGS4, LBP nor KZ2.

How would you explain SOCOM, which had huge online problems, and also sold a relitavely small amount?

Socom's net code was a disaster from the beginning.  I was in the beta and watched /6 screw it up patch after patch.  Apparently it is stable now, but it is far too late for me to consider buying it.  (Unless I get the bundeld headset version).

To your larger point, online issues aren't the best indicator of huge sales.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

SuperDave said:
Any WoW fans out there remember how bad their servers were for 1-2 months after release? This happens to everyone. The companies always lowball their server deployments at launch then ramp up their services to match sales. This way they don't waste any money by "over-supporting" their infrastructure.

you.....are....correct (billy madison style)

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.