By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EaglesEye379 said:
Didnt Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box come out for 360/PS3 as well?

Nice work though.

The next one is obviously Resi Evil 5.

Yes, but the game has no Metascore for 360 or PS3 yet. If either game fails to secure one due to reviewer tardiness or similar, I'll make sure to note it in the end of year summary post, as the PC total would be inflated by one unfairly (arguably). However, as it stands, I'm only going with what Metacritic themselves have posted.

And I'm glad you like the thread; do pop back to see how it progresses.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Res 5 should be the next one.
Also... i dont mean to sound picky, but should GTA : Lost and damned really be on this list? Its not exactly a game... more of an add on.

I agree, it's not a full game, but if it's good enough for Metacritic, it's good enough for me. I'd rather be inclusive than exclusive regarding this list, as omitting titles will only leave the thread open to calls of bias and similar. I have no desire for that to be the case.

Again, much like my previous post suggests, this sort of information would be worth clarifying in the end-of year summary. For example, the summary could highlight the number of retail games, downloadable games, and DLC for existing games that hit the list, and do a little comparison of that by platform.

And that's two votes for Resident Evil 5 now.

That's the weekly update completed. There has been several changes:

1. The PS3 has romped into the lead with favourable reviews coming in for Resident Evil 5, MLB 09: The Show, and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, taking it's total for the year to 6 so far.
  2. PC Gaming is now in 2nd with 4 titles on the list. The newest inclusion is the expansion for Sins of the Solar Empire, Entrenchment (which, as of yet, has no VGC page to link to).
  3. The 360 is third, and still boasts the same two titles as last week. However, with reviews for Resident Evil 5 and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box likely to come in soon (both of which have already hit the PS3's list), it may soon be moving up the table.
  4. The DS, PSP, and Wii come in an equal 4th. The DS, unfortunately, lost it's only title on the list this week when Dragon's Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride slipped to a Metascore of 84.

The next update will take place, if required, by Wednesday next week.

Hapimeses said:
On the whole PS3-is-currently-winning front, which platform does everyone think will be ahead at the end of the year? PS3 is looking strong if you believe the media, but there may be all manner of possible exclusives hiding behind the scenes, and the PC line-up for the year looks pretty awesome.

The whole philosophy behind internet gaming journalism was built up around the PS1 and 2, The general list toward Americanism means the X360 is making some impressive in-roads into it, so I have little doubt that by Metacritic, the PS3 and X360 will be relatively close for the year, and it will depend on the end of year releases for both systems as to which wins.

A very nice thread, and I love your layout of the OP!

And can anyone give a list of all these upcoming super awesome PC games coming out? I am quite out of touch with it, and I am not going to say anything about what platform looks like a winner before I see a such list

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:

1. The PS3 has romped into the lead with favourable reviews coming in for Resident Evil 5, MLB 09: The Show, and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, taking it's total for the year to 6 so far.
  2. PC Gaming is now in 2nd with 4 titles on the list. The newest inclusion is the expansion for Sins of the Solar Empire, Entrenchment (which, as of yet, has no VGC page to link to).
  3. The 360 is third, and still boasts the same two titles as last week. However, with reviews for Resident Evil 5 and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box likely to come in soon (both of which have already hit the PS3's list), it may soon be moving up the table.
  4. The DS, PSP, and Wii come in an equal 4th. The DS, unfortunately, lost it's only title on the list this week when Dragon's Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride slipped to a Metascore of 84.

Now it does

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=32475&region=All

Nice thread, by the way

Rainbird said:
A very nice thread, and I love your layout of the OP!

And can anyone give a list of all these upcoming super awesome PC games coming out? I am quite out of touch with it, and I am not going to say anything about what platform looks like a winner before I see a such list

Glad you like the thread and its layout so far. The more people that come in and comment, the more worth it the endevour seems.

As for the list, I'm sure there's one on the internet somewhere. If no one posts one by my next update, I'll see if I can fish one out myself.

zexen_lowe said:
Hapimeses said:

Now it does

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=32475&region=All

Nice thread, by the way

Thanks for that. I've updated the OP to include the link.

And I'm happy you like the thread. Feel free to comment as and how you wish.

Well, since it's still Wednesday in some parts of the world, and the 360 has begun to receive Resident Evil 5 reviews, I figured I'd update the OP one more time. While I was at it, I also reduced DoWII's Metascore to 86.

those reviews just proofed once again, why I do not trust reviewers.

• Resident Evil Xbox360: 85
  • Resident Evil PS3: 90

well just judging by the demo, the Xbox360 version was superior (technically). Well and there is no mandatory install.

Halo Wars 83% is blasphemy. It is one of the best games this gen for me. Star Ocean 79%... Okay I haven't played it yet but the graphics and the battle system looked great.

I really think reviewers are not able to review a game for what it is. Halo Wars for example is a RTS on a console and I really don't see what could have done different to make it even better. It is a great game, even though the reviewer doesn't like RTS on a console. What I am trying to say is, Ensemble Studios had no chance to create a AAA game, because they made a RTS. They did an insane job, but it didn't help, because the game is what it is.

Same for Star Ocean. I am not saying this game is AAA, because I can't judge it right now, but I knew the very first day, this game won't get good reviews. It is a JRPG without the words "Final" or "Fantasy" in it.

Makes me sad.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...