By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ShadowSoldier said:
I said PS3 as a way to bookmark the thread

Ah, right. That makes sense, but it would have been nice if you'd contributed something rather than dropping a non sequitur. Never mind, huh?

Anyway, I'll get started on the next update sometime soon.

Around the Network

Here's the update for the 31st October. The next update will be on the 30th November. First, to the changes since the last update

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for the PS3 slips again to 96 from 97.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony cruises into the chart for the 360 with an impressive Metascore of 91 from 23 reviews.
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time for the PS3 climbs two places from 85 to 87.
  • Half-Minute Hero for the PSP hits the chart for the first time with a Metascore of 87 calculated from 12 reviews.
  • Critter Crunch for the PS3 arrives in the chart for the first time with a Metascore of 87 derived from just 12 reviews.
  • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias on the Wii drops from 89 to 87.
  • DJ Hero for the PS3 enters the chart at 86 with 16 reviews.
  • Tekken 6 for the 360 enters the charts for the first time with a Metascore of 86 from 16 reviews.
  • Mechinarium for the PC debuts in the chart for the first time with a shaky Metascore of 85 taken from 16 reviews.

Which leave the chart with a sole change, with NDS slipping to last place and PSP climbing to 5th:

1. PS3 with 26 titles (10 exclusive)
2. 360 with 20 titles (5 exclusive)
3. PC with 11 titles (5 exclusive)
4. Wii with 9 titles (5 exclusive)
5. PSP with 3 titles (2 exclusive)
6. NDS with 3 titles (1 exclusive)

And this is the boatload of titles that don't have enough reviews yet, but are certainly heading in the right direction:

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity - PC - 5 reviews - 87
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - 360 - 8 reviews - 89
Comet Crash - PS3 - 7 reviews - 85
DJ Hero - Wii - 8 reviews - 88
EVE Online: Apocrypha - PC - 9 reviews - 88
Fallout 3: Broken Steel - PS3 - 6 reviews - 86
Fifa 10 - PSP - 5 reviews - 85
Flipnote Studios - NDS - 6 reviews - 91
Football Manager 2010 - PC - 4 reviews - 90
Jumpstart Pet Rescue - Wii - 4 reviews - 86
Locoroco Midnight Carnival - PSP - 5 reviews - 85
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - NDS - 5 reviews - 85
Mighty Flip Champs - NDS - 5 reviews - 85
PixelJunk Eden Encore - PS3 - 4 reviews - 86
Torchlight - PC - 4 reviews - 86

PS3 is a Beast!

And next year looks even better:)

ZorroX said:
PS3 is a Beast!

I have to admit it is doing very well this year. Indeed, not only is it ahead this year, it's also surpassed all platforms last year as well. Not bad going.

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
And next year looks even better:)

I'd say it looks pretty good for PC, PS3, and 360, assuming all the titles arrive on time and the varioius rumours of titles in the pipeline are true.

:| Uncharted 2 is still getting reviews added to it? Its at 94....SMG has about 70 something and GTA stopped in the 60s.....as fanboyish as this sounds, it just doesnt seem all that fair...

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Is there a reason The Sims 3 is not on the list? It's sitting at an 86 on metacritic.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Is there a reason The Sims 3 is not on the list? It's sitting at an 86 on metacritic.

Okay, I'm confused. Have you checked the OP? Sims 3 is definitely there, listed in the Exclusives section of PC Gaming with a Metascore of 86.

Hapimeses said:
themanwithnoname said:

Okay, I'm confused. Have you checked the OP? Sims 3 is definitely there, listed in the Exclusives section of PC Gaming with a Metascore of 86.

Yeah, sorry, guess I didn't see it there. All this thread leads to is ego boasting anyway. I'll leave now.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.